Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just developed 2 issues. On Thursday, my ESC malfunction light came on. After shutting the car off and restarting, it went off.
On the way to work today, it happened again. I shut the car off, and at first it would not re-start. On a second attempt, it restarted normally.

After work, the car would start on the first 2 attempts.. press the button, and it cycled through the ACC position, but no start.
On the third attempt it started. During the trip the ESC light came back on. After reaching my destination, the car would not restart through several attempts. Interestingly, it finally started during a push of the button when my foot was not on the brake.

I also had difficulty shifting the car into neutral. (I tried moving the shift lever in and out of park several times during my attempts.)

I made it to the dealer, and figured I'll have them change the Oil since I'm at 3 months, even though I'm only at about 2600 miles. Hopefully they will get the issue resolved tomorrow.

They suspect a bad ESC sensor, and perhaps a linkage issue with the shift lever that is causing the starting issue. I will post the details when I get the car back.

Other than this, I have been overall very satisfied with the car. Hopefully this will be a quick fix.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have no idea what it might be but I hope they resolve
your issue quickly. My car had a small electrical problem
recently but was resolved quickly by the dealer. Keep us
updated.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (wozzy @ Jul 16 2010, 08:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=342370
I have no idea what it might be but I hope they resolve
your issue quickly. My car had a small electrical problem
recently but was resolved quickly by the dealer. Keep us
updated.
Will do! I'm not freaking out... stuff happens. I just hope they can get it done in one day. (My dealer is in the process of some change in their loaner car program, so they don't have any loaners on hand... supposedly they are in the process of getting new loaners... ? Why...who knows?)

They will cover a rental, but I can't get one until Monday, when I already need to be at work. If I get the car back on Saturday, all will be well.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QUOTE (ssmuff @ Jul 17 2010, 09:45 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=342464
Glad to see it is getting fixed. Did they give you a loaner?
No... When I called for the service appointment, the writer told me that they don't do loaners anymore.
(That would suck, but I don't know if they are obligated)

When I dropped the car off, the Sales Manager told me that they were changing all of their loaner cars, and that they were getting new cars from Hyundai soon. In the meantime, they can get me a rental on Monday if my car is still in the shop. I am hoping that the car will be ready today, and that this will be a moot point.

Is there a Hyundai policy on loaners?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QUOTE (Bearcats @ Jul 17 2010, 09:07 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=342455
My guess would be a brake pedal sensor (usually used for brake application detection) issues.
Ding Ding Ding!

That was the issue.... the bad news.... no part until most likely Tuesday..
They can get me a rental for Monday at 7:30AM, but I am going out of town on Tuesday, and they will only cover the rental until the car is done... I won't be back until Thursday.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Lets See, you dropped off your car Sat for a valid SAFETY warranty claim and their policy is to give out a loaner car. But they don't have any loaner/rentals till Monday and will not cover Wed & Thurs rental, then because of Business you cannot return until Thurs. Come on Mr. Dealer step up and do the right thing. Don't you just love customer service that has an excuse in their favor for every circumstance.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
QUOTE (snapper41 @ Jul 17 2010, 04:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=342539
Lets See, you dropped off your car Sat for a valid SAFETY warranty claim and their policy is to give out a loaner car. But they don't have any loaner/rentals till Monday and will not cover Wed & Thurs rental, then because of Business you cannot return until Thurs. Come on Mr. Dealer step up and do the right thing. Don't you just love customer service that has an excuse in their favor for every circumstance.
Yeah... kind of annoying. My Son can give me a lift to work on Monday. If the car is ready, the dealer can pick me up. If not, I'll bum a ride home, and have the limo drop me off after the airport on Thursday.

Does Hyundai have a loaner car policy, or does it vary by dealer?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Picked up my car, and they took care of the sensor issue. I also had them flash the ECM. It improved a small issue I had when pulling into the garage. The car would surge a bit, making it hard to control the speed when creeping forward towards the wall.

After I picked the car up, I noticed that the front bumper cover was loose where it attaches to the left side fender. I took it back today, and they are ordering a full replacement. The service Mgr. said the cover is defective; no impact damage or anything, it just came loose. I recently had noticed a slight wind noise on the left side,(prior to the repairs) and I think that it was probably this cover starting to come loose. Not a huge deal, but I'll make sure that they have a loaner available for me when they replace the bumper cover. IIRC someone else had posted a similar issue, but I was not able to find the post.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts