Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car: 1995 Hyundai Accent

I pulled fuel injectors and farthest injector from the cam was the only one spraying. So I moved that fuel injector over and it was spraying on that cyclinder. So I stopped and bought new fuel injectors.

I just put the new injectors in and it fired up. Runs like crap, so I started unplugging the injectors got down to the (2) injectors closest to the cam and it made no difference in running. Unplugged the farthest away injectors and it shut it off.

So fuel injectors aren't running on closest to cam cyclinder. What can cause this? Ecu?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,924 Posts
I think the first thing we need to figure out is what you mean by "farthest injector from the cam". That could mean anything. Is "cam" the cam sensor, which is at the right hand end of the cam shaft? Or is "cam" the cam belt, which is at the left?

The cylinders in the engine are numbered 1 to 4, with 1 being closest to the timing/cam belt and 4 being closest to the gearbox. So looking into the engine bay the cylinder 1 injector will be the one that is furthest to the left and the cylinder 4 injector is the one furthest to the right. Which two injectors is it that you think aren't injecting? I'm guessing it's the two to the right (cyls 3 & 4)?

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
Cylinders 3 and 4 is what I am talking about.
That's what I thought.

Have you checked the power supply to those two injectors? If you disconnect the injectors and measure the voltage on the two terminals of the harness connector with the ignition switched on (engine off) you should find one of the terminals has 12V and the other has a lower voltage (approx 3V, I think). All four injectors should have the same voltages.

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
I get 12.3 volts to positive on one terminal.

Then I get 12.3 volts to negative on other terminal
And you get the same voltages on all 4 injector connectors?

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
I'm not trying to be a smart arse but have you got enough fuel in the tank? If the fuel rail has a slight angle preferring the injectors on the lower end of the rail they will get fuel till the end as it runs out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I know for sure it has 5 gallons in it.

#1. 12.3 to positive
12.3 to negative

#2 12.3 to positive
12.3 to negative

#3. 12.2 to positive
12.3. To negative

# 4 12.2 to positive
12.3 to negative

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
Those voltages look a bit odd to me. What that is saying is there is 12V across the injector terminals when the engine is off. If that was true I'd be surprised if the engine would even be able to crank. The injectors would be constantly open, filling the cylinders with fuel, causing hydrolock.

Still, I suppose the important thing is all 4 injectors are showing the same result, which kinda suggests the wiring to the two that you suspect are not firing is good.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Those figures tell me that all injectors have a supply voltage key on engine off I assume (the variation of 0.1 volt is multimeter error), have no open circuits. Once the engine is running the negative will drop when earthed out by the ECU. Have you put a test light across the injector plugs to see if they all flash when the engine is running? If they all don't flash I would check the grounding wires back at the ECU (I assume there's 4 being sequential injection) for open circuits and if not I'd suspect the ECU.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts