Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my wife and I are retired and have 1 car (Palisade). We both have Android phones. I am listed as 1st connection my wife second of course on the connections screen.
I am trying to find a way to give me priority, since I drive when we are both together. The only way I could force this to work is to disconnect her phone on the connections screen each time the car is started. Is there any other way to do this?

Bob

·
Registered
136 Posts
w
Hi, my wife and I are retired and have 1 car (Palisade). We both have Android phones. I am listed as 1st connection my wife second of course on the connections screen.
I am trying to find a way to give me priority, since I drive when we are both together. The only way I could force this to work is to disconnect her phone on the connections screen each time the car is started. Is there any other way to do this?

Bob
The Palisade is capable of having 2 active Bluetooth connections at the same time. You do not need to disconnect your wife's phone to make yours active. The Bluetooth icons clearly show #1 and #2.

The only difference between the 2 connections is that only one can control the music. Otherwise, both phones can be used simultaneously over Bluetooth (phone calls... etc.).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
w
The Palisade is capable of having 2 active Bluetooth connections at the same time. You do not need to disconnect your wife's phone to make yours active. The Bluetooth icons clearly show #1 and #2.

The only difference between the 2 connections is that only one can control the music. Otherwise, both phones can be used simultaneously over Bluetooth (phone calls... etc.).
Hi, thanks for the reply. Understood, but I noticed this: I have an app called Marco Polo which is video/voice. Every time I answer it, the video of course plays on the phone, but then I get no audio of the video recording. When I hit the media button, I see My wife's phone ID "Carla's phone". I was not sure what to do so I disconnected her and then my audio worked. I have not yet had a phone conversation to see if I get the same problem. But one thought would be that maybe my audio is considered music streaming and her phone had hold of that priority maybe? Your thoughts?

Bob

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hi, thanks for the reply. Understood, but I noticed this: I have an app called Marco Polo which is video/voice. Every time I answer it, the video of course plays on the phone, but then I get no audio of the video recording. When I hit the media button, I see My wife's phone ID "Carla's phone". I was not sure what to do so I disconnected her and then my audio worked. I have not yet had a phone conversation to see if I get the same problem. But one thought would be that maybe my audio is considered music streaming and her phone had hold of that priority maybe? Your thoughts?

Bob
Yes, I think you nailed it. Hers must be the one that can control music, and anything that isn’t an actual phone call (like your app) is probably considered music.

Check your settings in the car. I think you can change which phone controls audio, but I don’t recall for certain and I can’t check right now. If not, remove the pairings and start over with yours first.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, I will try soon. Please let me know if you have a chance what you may have discovered. After owning this car for a few months now, I am finding a few gotcha's, luckily not serious. We sold our 2016 Chevy 250HD Silverado LTZ and 5th wheel. Both my wife and I are really enjoying it but it was a big change (-:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hey, I will try soon. Please let me know if you have a chance what you may have discovered. After owning this car for a few months now, I am finding a few gotcha's, luckily not serious. We sold our 2016 Chevy 250HD Silverado LTZ and 5th wheel. Both my wife and I are really enjoying it but it was a big change (-:
As I said, look in the Bluetooth settings: Setup > Device Connections > Bluetooth > Bluetooth Connections. Click on the little gear icon to select what a phone can do (as in control audio or not). It's icon #3 in the picture below, taken from the infotainment manual:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As I said, look in the Bluetooth settings: Setup > Device Connections > Bluetooth > Bluetooth Connections. Click on the little gear icon to select what a phone can do (as in control audio or not). It's icon #3 in the picture below, taken from the infotainment manual:

View attachment 443038
I will check that out. I don't remember seeing the gear icon but I am getting old LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts