Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my toscon back in 2013
Recently it have problem in hot weather
The engine won't rev up and not working well and i smell gas especially when the AC is on sometimes this happens at low speed and other problem that happens more often at any weather that the engine won't rev up when i push hard the car don't accelerate t
I don't know if both problems have the same reason
Did anyone know what is wrong??

·
Registered
21 Posts
In what coditions does the awd come in to play.
When accelerating fairly hard in the wet weather the front tires will wheel spin. The awd system computes there is slippage at the front wheels and will engage the rear diff coupling so as to make the Tucson have more and better tire grip on the wet road and give better acceleration. It will decouple the rear diff when tracton is regained with the front tires.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In what coditions does the awd come in to play.
When accelerating fairly hard in the wet weather the front tires will wheel spin. The awd system computes there is slippage at the front wheels and will engage the rear diff coupling so as to make the Tucson have more and better tire grip on the wet road and give better acceleration. It will decouple the rear diff when tracton is regained with the front tires.
Ohh.. Wrong discussion i guess 😁

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hello Mohammed. Acceleration issue could be the sign of a TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) going bad or if your Tucson is "drive by wire" (no acceleration cable) the issue may be the accelerator pedal. If you're smelling fuel with the A/C on, you may have a fuel leak in the engine compartment and the smell is being drawn into the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts