Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the Serpentine belt, but now the new belt isnt running true, it slides to the side and has ate the new belt, I put the old belt back on ( aged belt which was running correct but stretched ) this also now runs out of line and rubs on the side of the tensioner aswell, its like the angle of the tensioner is incorrect? is there a way that the angle can be adjusted, I have also tried another tensioner that I have and it is exactly the same, its that bad it has put a mark on the tensioner where it was rubbing hard, everything was fine until I changed the belt, its only done 40k and I know the history as I have owned the car since 1 year old, this is the first problem that I have had, but now I cant use the car, have I missed something?

·
Registered
906 Posts
Look closely at the way you installed the new belt. Is it routed the same as the sticker on the hood or the way the old one was? Not insulting your intelligence, but it happens, sometimes rather easily.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found that the crank pulley had come unbonded hence the belt wasnt running true, now that wont come off.... bigger gun required I believe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts