Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

How can you tell if you have a 2.7 or 3.3 V6 engine? I have a 2008 Santa Fe Limited FWD that I know is a V6 (plain as day on the engine). Gettin ready to have some maintenance done but need to know what engine I have. The manual is of no help making reference to both. I've looked all over the engine compartment and can't find any labels for 2.7 or 3.3. How can you tell which one you have?

·
Registered
196 Posts
?

Good day, if you cant find any label the easiest way is to call Hyundai and give them the vin# they will tell you any information of that vehicle #.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Front engine cover will be all aluminum if 3.3 and oil filter canister between both bank..

2.7 will have 2 black plastic timing belt cover visible, and spin on oil filter underneath..

3.3 alternator will be between engine and radiator

2.7 alternator will be between engine and firewall

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys don't mean to step on any feet but don't know where this guy got his information because I went off the plastic cover and rubber belt and end up getting the wrong filter size for my car so halfway through my oil change I had to borrow a buddies vehicle and go back into town and get the right one so it's better to just call and get the VIN from the dealer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts