Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, recently picked up an 07 Santa fe 2.7 awd. I am getting a P0016 correlation error which I believe to be a problem with my bank 1 OCV. I unplugged it and the socket was full of oil (the electrical connection plug). I checked the other ocv and it was dry and clean inside.

I used crc cleaner to clear out the oil and put some dialectic grease on the plug. I checked it later after running the car, and again found oil in the plug, which makes me think it has some sort of internal failure.

Now on to the problem, how the heck do you remove the dang thing? Does the intake manifold have to be removed to get it out on the 2.7? I can't find this information anywhere and feel like the internet has failed me :)

The car runs great other than a little rough at idle. If I can get the ocv out I can bench test it but need to remove it first. Any help is much appreciated thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I ordered the replacement oil control valve, should be here day after Christmas. Any tips on the install? I'm still thinking I'll have to remove the upper exhaust manifold to get access....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replaced it, it was a pain. Had to remove throttle body, air box, and disconnect the fuel rail lines above the sensor. Then had to use a dremel to grind down the corner of the electrical plug on the sensor so it would clear the manifold to pull it out. New sensor slipped right in with no modification necessary.

Bad news is nothing changed. Soo next I replaced the bank 1 cam sensor per the code it was still throwing (p0016). That was even more difficult since its a blind reach to get the securing bolt and the socket kept falling down on the motor.

I am now getting a p0341 crank position error. It sets as soon as the car starts but doesn't illuminate the cel for several key cycles. Does it require a recalibration after replacing the cam sensor? I'm pulling my hair out, gonna try and pull the upper timing covers next and check timing. The crank sensor is under the lower timing cover so not easy to replace. Car runs fine but seems down on power and idle is a little rough. Thoughts?

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
I replaced it, it was a pain. Had to remove throttle body, air box, and disconnect the fuel rail lines above the sensor. Then had to use a dremel to grind down the corner of the electrical plug on the sensor so it would clear the manifold to pull it out. New sensor slipped right in with no modification necessary.

Bad news is nothing changed. Soo next I replaced the bank 1 cam sensor per the code it was still throwing (p0016). That was even more difficult since its a blind reach to get the securing bolt and the socket kept falling down on the motor.

I am now getting a p0341 crank position error. It sets as soon as the car starts but doesn't illuminate the cel for several key cycles. Does it require a recalibration after replacing the cam sensor? I'm pulling my hair out, gonna try and pull the upper timing covers next and check timing. The crank sensor is under the lower timing cover so not easy to replace. Car runs fine but seems down on power and idle is a little rough. Thoughts?
On the SM series, the location of the crank sensor for the 2.7 is above the starter, not the timing cover. Not sure on your year car however.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts