Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen this exhaust pipe on Santa Fe's, I would love to have this on my 2.0t

exhaust outlet.jpg

·
Registered
759 Posts
I'm in Canada (souther ontario) and I also have the 2.0T with the "dual exhaust"... but what you posted is found on the 2.4L trim models.
Not sure if it's a straight swap or not...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is a nice clean look!! I wish I could get one here in USA!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
That's definitely the stock exhaust tip for the 2.4 models sold in the US.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wonder how much it would cost for that part?? And how would it connect?

Thanks everyone for all of your help!

·
Registered
474 Posts
I asked this before but didn't get an answer. Has anyone ever recorded the exhaust note on the 2.0T with its duel pipes? I think I hear a growl, not as noticeable as the 3.5 V6 we had, but it is there. So far I have not been close behind another 2.0T to see if I could hear its exhaust.
I know, I know, strange request but I am the guy with a ring tone on my smart phone that sounds like an M1 Garand's "ping!" when it ejects an empty clip!!!! :D:D A friend at CMP sent it to me and I have Verizon set it up for me.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Hey J.R.,

You are right, there is a bit of a growl to it. Pleasantly audible but not loud or fartcan-ny.

Whenever I drive with all the windows down, it's definitely there and you can easily hear it. Even on idle, there's a nice and subdued rumble.

N :cool:

I asked this before but didn't get an answer. Has anyone ever recorded the exhaust note on the 2.0T with its duel pipes? I think I hear a growl, not as noticeable as the 3.5 V6 we had, but it is there. So far I have not been close behind another 2.0T to see if I could hear its exhaust.
I know, I know, strange request but I am the guy with a ring tone on my smart phone that sounds like an M1 Garand's "ping!" when it ejects an empty clip!!!! :D:D A friend at CMP sent it to me and I have Verizon set it up for me.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hey J.R.,

You are right, there is a bit of a growl to it. Pleasantly audible but not loud or fartcan-ny.

Whenever I drive with all the windows down, it's definitely there and you can easily hear it. Even on idle, there's a nice and subdued rumble.

N :cool:
Cool. I wonder if I can get that on my phone???? :D Just got my first smart phone.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i work in a hyundai shop and from what i can tell the mufflers are the same, dimension wise and inlet wise, so it should be a straight swap. you aren't going to be able to simply swap the tail pipe tips, though. you'll have to swap the entire muffler. wish you were in MD, i'd swap you for my 2.4 muffler that you prefer the looks of, because i prefer the looks of the 2.0 muffler.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Yes they do, but it's a slightly different shape
Actually, the LWB exhaust tip is connected to the bottom shroud/bumper, and not the muffler itself. The muffler has a straight pipe coming out the back that fits into the tip. I suspect the did so to keep costs down, not only for manufacturing, but also for replacement mufflers.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I wonder how much it would cost for that part?? And how would it connect?

Thanks everyone for all of your help!
While browsing some photos of hitches that go on the SFS - came across this photo that shows that the chrome piece on the exhaust system probably isn't "swappable".

Unless you're looking at getting into some cutting/welding - I don't think it's worth the trouble.

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
While browsing some photos of hitches that go on the SFS - came across this photo that shows that the chrome piece on the exhaust system probably isn't "swappable".

Unless you're looking at getting into some cutting/welding - I don't think it's worth the trouble.
thanks that is a great picture. I wonder if you could cut the back end off of the muffler, and then weld the 2.4 back on? A lot of people prefer this duel muffler on the 2.0t, but I guess it is just me, I love the clean look on the 2.4.

thanks for you help!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i work in a hyundai shop and from what i can tell the mufflers are the same, dimension wise and inlet wise, so it should be a straight swap. you aren't going to be able to simply swap the tail pipe tips, though. you'll have to swap the entire muffler. wish you were in MD, i'd swap you for my 2.4 muffler that you prefer the looks of, because i prefer the looks of the 2.0 muffler.
I would love to switch you too! why do you like the looks of the 2.0 muffler?:)

·
Registered
126 Posts
I actually hate the look of the dual tips on the 2.0T. It looks cheap and doesn't look like an upgrade at all. The 2.4 tip is clean and integrated. I think they got that one backwards. I also don't note any exhaust tone on mine, but I come from upgraded cars so maybe it's too subtle for me to notice.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts