Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2013 Santa Fe 2.4L AWD Luxury I bought at the end of June and noticed lately, if the temperature falls below 10C (50F), the audio console does not work at all. Usually, if I let the vehicle warm up for about 2-3 minutes, turn it completely off and then back on, the console will start to work normally. I've checked the fuse and it's good.

I brought it into the dealership last week and they ran an electrical test and found nothing wrong. It's hard to show the problem to them when I have to drive for 20 minutes during the day after both the vehicle and the outdoors have had time to warm up.

The past couple mornings, the temperature has dipped to 0C (32F) and it's taking longer for the console to warm up and start working. I had to drive to work today with no radio because after 5 minutes of waiting, the cabin still wasn't warm enough for it to turn on. When I arrived at work, I turned everything off and started back up and the radio worked fine.

It's becoming a major nuisance and I also lose my bluetooth and rearview camera functionality because it's all part of the same console.

It sounds to me like there is a separate switch somewhere activated by the ignition that allows power to flow through to the audio console and it seems to be sticking when it's too cold out. Strange thing is that the dash lights around the console still work (blue LED that light up the buttons and knobs).

Has anyone had any experience like this or heard of this before?

Thanks

·
Banned
532 Posts
:00000732:

Haven't heard this one before.....but bugs do exist in anything that has thousands of parts. I'd rather pull my front tooth than trace electrical issues inside a vehicle.

Knowing it's a PIA can you drop off the car the night before with detailed instructions to park outside overnight and what to look for before they start the car?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same Issue

I have a 2011 AWD Santa Fe GLS and I have been having the same issue for nearly two years. The radio works fine all summer but once it's cold out especially if i've driven in the rain or snow the day before the radio won't come on. Initially all I had to do was restart and it would work. Then it got to where I had to drive to the end of the block and restart to get it to work. Recently I drove more than 50 miles on the highway before it came on. The radio warranty ran out after I passed 36k miles so I had to pay the dealership to check it out. They kept it for 2 days and although they were able to reproduce the issue after letting it sit outside on a cold day for 4 hours they couldn't find anything. They wanted to just replace the radio for $1000. If you're still under 36,000 miles fight hard to get them to look at it while it's still under warranty. If you do take it to the dealership and have better luck than I did I'd be very interested to know what they found. I only have 5,000 miles left on my bumper to bumper and I'm trying to get all I can get out of it :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.