Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a little tip for all the guys out there running the 2.2 Diesel engine.

Carry a spare hose clip!!

I shall explain..........
whilst travelling to work the other morning there was a loud 'POP!' from the engine bay and I then lost all power.
Sticking head under the bonnet I found that one of the hoses that connects to the intercooler thats mounted on top of the engine had blown off, breaking the clip in the process.
I had nearly reached work so i nipped in picked up a big 'jubilee clip' from the stores and repaired it, heh presto normal service was resumed. Otherwise it would have been the usual long wait for the breakdown service.

It also needs mentioning that this failure brings on the engine management warning light as well.

So........popped into the dealer on the way home to have the warning light reset. On questioning the mechanic, he said 'Oh yeh, we've had a few in that have done this'. I mentioned the repair i had made and was rewarded with 'That's what we do as well'.

I now carry a couple of spare ones in the bit where the jack is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it is indeed one of those clips.

It was the upper most one to be exact.
No clue as to why it happened as was taking my normal route, crawling along in the normal traffic. Never had any problems before or since.

As I said the mechanic at the dealer didn't offer any more information than 'Yeh! we've had a few in like that'.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts