Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Hyundai is giving me a major headache. I bought a 2009 sonata used a few months back. Not long after I got it, I was having issues with it jerking around 20 mph. Sometimes, it would have a few issues with it jerking some when I was taking off. This was only right after the car was started. I took it to a local Aamco. The guy told me that it was a 2-1 downshift pump. He "relearned" the transmission and the problem went away. Now, it is back. At the time, he did some research and thought it may stem from a calibration update they had issued. He didn't have the Hyundai software to try that fix. Does anyone know what he was talking about or have any experience with the update? Does it fix the problem for good?

·
Registered
235 Posts
My 2007 has kinda always been like that, one of the few annoyances. If I do a rolling stop or a turn off one street onto another, when I hit the gas again it just can lug and you really have to make it downshift. Its like it forgot it should went down it first by its own.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
My Hyundai is giving me a major headache. I bought a 2009 sonata used a few months back. Not long after I got it, I was having issues with it jerking around 20 mph. Sometimes, it would have a few issues with it jerking some when I was taking off. This was only right after the car was started. I took it to a local Aamco. The guy told me that it was a 2-1 downshift pump. He "relearned" the transmission and the problem went away. Now, it is back. At the time, he did some research and thought it may stem from a calibration update they had issued. He didn't have the Hyundai software to try that fix. Does anyone know what he was talking about or have any experience with the update? Does it fix the problem for good?
Firm downshift bump feeling when decell from approx 15-20mph when cold... Usually first 10 minute of operation..

Oldest complaint with the NF with 4 cylinder auto trans.. likely not the 184 & 185 (PCM & TCM) update done.. been out a few yr now, most should already been done, but there is stragglers that dont visit dealer where tech would know right off what to do based on the specific complaint.

Also look for brake light switch code too in ABS/ESC module,, bum brake light signal info to PCM/TCM make for goofing shifting too.

5yr/60,000 get the updates done under warranty...........

·
Registered
500 Posts
This is technically a 3-1 downshift.. Slowing to a stop at least my 07 will not downshift into 2nd>1st while in regular drive mode. I just come to the conclusion it's the way the computer is calibrated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts