Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just on Hyundai's website trying to build my next 2019 Santa Fe. The only engine option available right now is the 2.4GDI??? Where is the Turbo option??? I won't buy a 2019 without the 2.0T engine. Waiting on my dealer to call me and let me know what is going on? Anyone have any info ?

Current ride is the 2013 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T AWD 65000 miles

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes I was wondering the same thing. I even called Hyundai USA customer service and they go to the same web site we go too and know nothing else...seriously...shake my head!!

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
I was just on Hyundai's website trying to build my next 2019 Santa Fe. The only engine option available right now is the 2.4GDI??? Where is the Turbo option??? I won't buy a 2019 without the 2.0T engine. Waiting on my dealer to call me and let me know what is going on? Anyone have any info ?

Current ride is the 2013 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T AWD 65000 miles

Fitzmall Hyundai in Clearwater, FL has two 2019 SF 2.0 Ultimate Turbos (looks like 7 seater). The price is basically sticker price of about $35,000. Fitzmall is discount dealer but it is too soon for any discounts. :surprise:
I bought my 2018 SF Sport Ultimate Serrano Red from them in June of 2018. It was the first fully loaded red SF Sport Ultimate off the truck in the state of Florida.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Fitzmall Hyundai in Clearwater, FL has two 2019 SF 2.0 Ultimate Turbos (looks like 7 seater). The price is basically sticker price of about $35,000. Fitzmall is discount dealer but it is too soon for any discounts. :surprise:
Seven-passenger seating is reserved for the diesel. These 2.0T are five-passenger only.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Good point

Seven-passenger seating is reserved for the diesel. These 2.0T are five-passenger only.
Correct, but the specs were a little misleading in the details of the car I read. The 7 seat XL diesel is probably not going to be available from what I read until later into the fall of 2019.

An interesting note I found: An all-new three-row, eight-passenger SUV is currently under development with an all-new name.

Pretty soon all cars will be SUVs. :surprise:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Correct, but the specs were a little misleading in the details of the car I read. The 7 seat XL diesel is probably not going to be available from what I read until later into the fall of 2019.

An interesting note I found: An all-new three-row, eight-passenger SUV is currently under development with an all-new name.

Pretty soon all cars will be SUVs. :surprise:
It is confusing for sure.

My understanding is that the diesel will be a 2019 Santa Fe and will be the only Santa Fe with the third row.

The Santa Fe XL is just going to be a carryover over of the existing (2018) Santa Fe with a new name, and will likely be discontinued starting in 2020.

Even some of the established car web sites such as carsdirect have it wrong, saying that the XL will feature a new exterior design. I'm pretty sure they're wrong about that - it would make no sense manufacturing-wise.

·
Registered
2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate
850 Posts
hyundaiusa.com now has the 2.0T options listed on their specs and build pages. Little disappointed it is rated for 4 mpg less than the 2.4 for highway milage. 3 mpg for awd. Certainly didn't help bumping the wheel size to 19" when optioning the 2.0T. I can't wait for this larger wheel size mentality to be over.

https://www.hyundaiusa.com/2019-santafe/specifications.aspx
Wow, kinda surprised about the rather steep drop in mpg with the smaller engine (not that i know much but I'd think that a 2.0L is smaller than 2.4L?)

The smaller wheel size also (IMO) leads to a more comfortable ride. But Hyundais' not alone in this. Ford did/does the same thing with the Edge. Not sure about the Kia Sorento.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Wow, kinda surprised about the rather steep drop in mpg with the smaller engine (not that i know much but I'd think that a 2.0L is smaller than 2.4L?)

The smaller wheel size also (IMO) leads to a more comfortable ride. But Hyundais' not alone in this. Ford did/does the same thing with the Edge. Not sure about the Kia Sorento.
the 19" wheel is included. You don't have to get it. You can stay with the 18" which is what I will do.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I can't wait for this larger wheel size mentality to be over.
Having driven 2017, 2018, and 2019 models (and owning 2017 & 2018's), we greatly prefer the look and ride with the 19" wheels. When properly inflated, the ride difference (which are a function of the tires, not the wheels) over the "standard-size" wheels requires an electron microscope to tell them apart and the looks are no contest in favor of the 19's.

·
Registered
2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate
850 Posts
Having driven 2017, 2018, and 2019 models (and owning 2017 & 2018's), we greatly prefer the look and ride with the 19" wheels. When properly inflated, the ride difference (which are a function of the tires, not the wheels) over the "standard-size" wheels requires an electron microscope to tell them apart and the looks are no contest in favor of the 19's.
Interesting. I test drive the 2017 and the 17"/18" provide a much smoother ride vs. the 19". I had some g-force app on the smartphone (may have to dig up my spreadsheet) that showed less g-force on the smaller tires.

Same with the Ford Edge. The 18" had a very noticeable ride quality difference vs. the 19", IMO.

Although I cannot talk/speak to the 2018/2019 SFS.

I find the 2017 SFS with the 19" to be "akin" to a Toyota in terms of "smoothness" which isn't quite to my liking. Although the Ford Edge (with 19") and the Sorento SXL (2017) with 19" were about the same ride quality, but the meter reading indicated the Edge had a slight "edge" (haha).

I drove the same route on every test drive to ensure comparisons. And we have lots of potholes/frostheaves around here.

It was the "best" I could do to have some sort of objective data vs. a subjective "I think it feels softer/smoother".

·
Registered
441 Posts
Interesting. I test drive the 2017 and the 17"/18" provide a much smoother ride vs. the 19". I had some g-force app on the smartphone (may have to dig up my spreadsheet) that showed less g-force on the smaller tires.
Yeah...kinda my point...one shouldn't have to work for NASA to determine such differences. It is (as you pointed out) subjective. We found the 17"wheels and their tires to be "softer" to a degree on totally flat road surfaces...but also by bringing the SUV that much closer to the ground...bumps actually seemed more exaggerated in feeling.

P.S....the standard wheels are also quite boring and "off the shelf" looking, whereas I literally have people come up and ask me about the 19" wheels - more than a dozen times and locations.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I picked up my 2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0t AWD last Monday and I love it. The only option not available at this time is the Rear Rubber mat.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I am also waiting to get the cargo tray. From what
I have heard, it is rubber on one side and carpeting on the other side.
I have the Ultimate with the 2.4 engine.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I am also waiting to get the cargo tray. From what
I have heard, it is rubber on one side and carpeting on the other side.
I have the Ultimate with the 2.4 engine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have an 18 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T Ultimate with 19's wrapped in Crugens. The ride is very comfortable and shorter sidewall makes for good handling. 20,19,18 or 17 does not really affect MPG since the overall diameter of tire and wheel are "about" the same. Also FYI: Castrol has a Full Synthetic 5w30 A5 spec oil which is specified in owners manual for 2.0T but dealer doesn't carry..They use 5w20 SynBlend for all oil changes. Not in mine tho, I bring my own oil. I spoke to service writer and shop foreman and they were totally unaware of the oil (A5/B5) spec'd for 2.0T motors. Even KIA has a TSB out specifying 5w30 for Turbos which living in Florida all should be using at least 5w30.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts