Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to stone mountain state park in NC yesterday. Couldn't hike as they just closed the road into the hiking trails. Drat.

But, the accent did great going up the snowy roads. Here is a pic parked in the visitors center. The hills to the park are windy and steep. It did great with my new wheels/tires- way better than with the stockers!!

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/b...ky/CIMG3676.jpg

here is a pic on the way up.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/b...ky/CIMG3678.jpg

would have driven the Xterra but it wasn't all that bad so i saved a bunch of money for gas!! Plus I just waxed the truck friday night. ;-)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Appears snow is clogging your hood scoop, better take care of that.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
true if it was functional it might matter.

;-)

·
Registered
265 Posts
I had the wife accent out on the weekend doing some e brake turns its a lot more tail happy than my 01 Accent my 2001 is much more balanced in the snow even the slightest twitch of the ebrake on the wifes and the rear was coming around in a hurry... I'm sure I'll get used to it...

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
QUOTE (berserko @ Dec 6 2010, 08:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=377480
I had the wife accent out on the weekend doing some e brake turns its a lot more tail happy than my 01 Accent my 2001 is much more balanced in the snow even the slightest twitch of the ebrake on the wifes and the rear was coming around in a hurry... I'm sure I'll get used to it...
At least the number of periods at the end of your sentence balanced out the number that you left out in between phrases. :grin:

·
Registered
709 Posts
I hated driving the accent in the snow when I first got it, but that was because I had no idea how to handle this car in the snow.
Then I was on-call for my job for both of the ridiculous blizzards last winter. I was forced to learn how to drive in that craziness since I'm considered emergency personnel.

Now I think the accent handles awesome in the snow considering, I have seriously crappy tires, no ABS, no traction control of any kind, and an open differential.
Even still this car can handle its own in inclement weather.

·
Registered
651 Posts
QUOTE (berserko @ Dec 6 2010, 07:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=377480

QUOTE (bloodninja @ Dec 6 2010, 08:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=377488
At least the number of periods at the end of your sentence balanced out the number that you left out in between phrases. :grin:

:trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts