Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About three weeks ago (approx 5K miles), my car started making a squeal. Not noticeable at start-up, but after driving for 5-10 minutes, annoying as heck, especially when sitting at stop lights! Took it in to the dealer yesterday, and the tech believes it is the water pump. When I asked if they had one in stock, he just laughed and said he'd been working on Hyundai's for over 18 years, and had done less than 10 water pumps, so there was no way there was one in stock. They will call me when it's in.

Just wanted to start this thread in case anyone else had the same issue.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (jsinton @ Jun 15 2010, 06:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333282
It probably means the belt was installed too tight.
I don't know. I just love having a great warranty and a very good service department! I just wish they weren't 25 miles away.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Don't feel too bad about driving far for good service. I've driven more than that for my Sonata just to get great service. It's well worth the trip. :thumbsup:

QUOTE (TimmyB @ Jun 15 2010, 06:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333283
I don't know. I just love having a great warranty and a very good service department! I just wish they weren't 25 miles away.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If it makes you feel any better, when I was working at a GM dealership about a year and a half ago there was a case with a brand new Pontiac Vibe (rebranded Toyota Matrix) with a shot transmission. The car had less than 50 miles on it, and it had to be towed in to the shop... Toyota ended up taking the car for further investigation. At least a bad water pump can be fixed easily and didn't require your Tucson to be towed!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (JaredC01 @ Jun 16 2010, 03:05 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333369
If it makes you feel any better, when I was working at a GM dealership about a year and a half ago there was a case with a brand new Pontiac Vibe (rebranded Toyota Matrix) with a shot transmission. The car had less than 50 miles on it, and it had to be towed in to the shop... Toyota ended up taking the car for further investigation. At least a bad water pump can be fixed easily and didn't require your Tucson to be towed!
Oh, I'm not complaining. I just always seem to love cars that aren't sold in my little town!!!

tim B)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sorry to hear that you're having a problem, Tim. At least you've got a good attitude about it. Hope they get it fixed for you soon and that the pump is the last of your problems.

·
Registered
838 Posts
QUOTE (TimmyB @ Jun 16 2010, 08:18 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333397
Oh, I'm not complaining. I just always seem to love cars that aren't sold in my little town!!!

tim B)
I have the same issues Tim, my dealer is in NJ, about 30 mi. away :(
I hope this is not an issue with all 2010 Tucsons :( ?
Sorry you're having this problem, good luck, Mike

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
2010 Tucson Ltd. 3800 miles, and the A/C compressor imploded. Dealer gave the wife a new Elantra to drive while they freighted one in from Korea. Car was in the shop for over a week, but cannot complain too much as the dealer stepped up and took care of us.

Awfully early failure for a compressor. Appears the front bearing siezed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts