Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 Accent GSI that has some problems, and I don't know a whole lot about cars. So if anyone can help I would appreciate it.

First whenever I want to put gas in my car, it doens't fill up properly. I have to hold the handle at the lowest pump possible, if I don't it acts like its full and spills.

Second, both my drivers window and my passenger window do not work right. The driver window has to have help rolling up or it will go up wrong or off the rubber on the window. The passenger window just stopped working and so I currently have it taped.

Third, my ac seems to be having some issues now, it isn't blowing cold but I checked the air cleaner and its fine, or does this have nothing to do with the A.C.

If anyone could help I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
1) A/C is not something you should be playing with yourself. There are plenty of good introductions on how it works, but to properly and safely service it, you will need recollection systems, vacuum pumps, manifolds, and plenty of other fancy and expensive equipment.

Windows: You may have to adjust or replace the regulators. driver side window sounds like the regulator needs to be repositioned, passenger side sounds broken completely.

Gas not filling up: There are a few mechanisms to regulate the pressure inside the gas tank. There is a chance that your canister is full, and your venting system is not working, so pressure builds up inside the tank and stops the gas from flowing properly. I experience this occasionally, one option is to pull out the nozzle and reinsert it. when you do this, some of the pressure is released. See here for more info.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts