Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, im new here, the names Shabz (in short). im from South africa.
Just bought a hyundai accent 1.3 xs (carb, manual). Having a problem with it, when i accelerate at a low rev, the car jerks before moving, sort of like a delay or a miss. Could anyone assist me with regards to why it does dat. thanks alot

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
could be clutch slip....i have personally had it just at takeoff from a standstill.

a jerk like that usually is a drivetrain problem rather than engine, unless you are getting a misfire.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it could be the clutch, cause some times my clutch takes couple seconds to release after i let go of the pedal. I think its the carb, cause when i rev the car while idling, it goes blurp then the revs goes up, how ever i dont know much about Hyundai carb. any where i could get a brief review of that carb. Many thanks for the reply :)

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
yes that is possible - try to give all the info so we can help you instead of guessing. anything else missing?

the problem with the 1.3 engine is that it never came to north america....where most of the members are from. we know almost nothing about that engine nor can we look up any tech info to try and figure anything out.

i have no idea what sensors it might have or how the carb is designed....

there are other things that could cause your problem other than the carb. if you believe the carb, think of how you can check this. myself, i'd check everything else that could cause the problem and then take the carb apart to see if maybe there's a damaged needle or carbon buildup blocking something. certainly couldn't hurt to give it a good cleaning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts