Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our accent drained 2 batteries in about a week, I found an open ground on fuse 5 (clock, audio, room lamp, ecu) in the interior fuse compartment no open on the ECU fuse in engine compartment. I removed the interior fuse (I do not care about the radio or the clock), my question is, will the car still function properly removing the fuse. I am confused by the ECU being on the description for the fuse on the compartment door. When I removed the fuse, I was still able to start the car and it runs, i just do not want to set the **** thing on fire or anything. :confused: help me please
I have a 1988 VW with none of the extras (no brain with codes to read, no power anything actually) so I am looking for guidance here.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hi Marvins Pissed. The fuse also provides memory power for the ECM and the Transmission Control Module. I have no idea how it will effect the way the car runs. Not having memory will cause the ECM to not to have the emissions tests completed. If you have to pass state emissions tests by having a code reader connected to read the emissions systems status, it will not pass. The ECM will also not store any trouble codes.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
it sounds like a stuck relay to me. the relays isolate those components from the battery when you shut the car off. check the electrical schematics on www.hmaservice.com and see if you can find which ones are in line, then go test them. just a few test leads and a multimeter is all you'll need for this job.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts