Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '98 accent has a check engine light on it P0446... We think it is a problem with the wiring to the charcoal canister, but we are not sure where it is located. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
178 Posts
It's under the left front fender well. If you remove the bottom plastic splash shield and look up you should be able to see it sandwiched inbetween the inner well and the outer plastic bumper. If you look under the hood by the battery, you should see where some of the plumbing from the canister makes its way into the engine compartment. May have to remove the battery to get a better view and get at the parts. I was able to remove mine but it was a tight fit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Oh my 99 there is a charcoal canister behind the left rear wheel but that is for the gas tank vapors.. If you overfill too many times or if you have a real hard time putting fuel in your tank because the nozzle keeps tripping then the foam filter part in the canister has gone south and the charcoal pellets are plugging the vent line in it. I fixed mine by cutting it open on the top with a cut off wheel and put in some polyester fabric with silicone caulking to keep the pellets where they are supposed to be.

Probably doesn't help you at all though :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts