Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced their carb with any other carb without any modification? If so please can you inform of which specific carb worked without any issues.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi again, I just found out information about the original carb. "
I have a 1998 Hyundai Accent Sedan (Excel, Pony or Verna) 1.3 L Carbureted vehicle. The carburetor was built by HMC (CHANGWON CARBURETOR IND. CO. Ltd) supplied to Hyundai from the early 1980’s who was an authorized supplier then. The company is now owned by Daelim. I am trying to find out if Daelim still produces those carbs or has the old stock. Alternatively if they have carbs that would work on my car like the HMC one. I’m trying to find out any history about the carb and where I can find new, overhauled or alternatives.
"

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
Hi again, I just found out information about the original carb. "
I have a 1998 Hyundai Accent Sedan (Excel, Pony or Verna) 1.3 L Carbureted vehicle. The carburetor was built by HMC (CHANGWON CARBURETOR IND. CO. Ltd) supplied to Hyundai from the early 1980’s who was an authorized supplier then. The company is now owned by Daelim. I am trying to find out if Daelim still produces those carbs or has the old stock. Alternatively if they have carbs that would work on my car like the HMC one. I’m trying to find out any history about the carb and where I can find new, overhauled or alternatives.
"
Is this a standard verturi style carburetor with no electronics including the choke? If so you just need to be sure the CFM is equivalent as well as any vacuum ports. Ie. ported etc. Then it's a matter of getting it bolted up. If it uses an electric choke you will need to make sure if they are both 12 volt and that they operate the same. If it a computer controlled carburetor that will need to be looked into further.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts