Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I would prefer to minimize fuel spillage since the filter is all the way in the engine compartment, I checked both fuse boxes in order to disable the pump. However, I couldn't find any indicated. Online, there are references to a relay, but it looks more difficult than removing a fuse. How should I proceed?

·
Registered
319 Posts
With the car off, just wrap a rag over the fuel filter top flange before unbolting the banjo bolt, and have some rags under the FF (to protect the axle shaft and steering underneath). Unscrew the banjo bolt slowly and just let the pressure bleed off (into the rags). Then, finish walking out the bolt. You can have a small (tuna fish) can or the like to catch the small amount of fuel. Be careful to not overly torque the FF when unbolting the bottom inlet fuel line, lest the fuel line bend or get damaged. And, for both ends, protect your eyes. Install a new o-ring at the top flange when installing the new FF. The bottom end of the FF doesn't have an o-ring.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"small amount": It's logical that since most of the fuel line sits below the FF, the fuel loss will be small. Thank you for helping me to realize that. My new Wix FF doesn't come with an o-ring. I haven't removed the banjo bolt, so I don't know if an o-ring is used in my application or what the material is. I will use the same material for the replacement o-ring if there is one. Thank you for your guidance!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts