Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My engines was running fine, but had a front crank seal leak. I replaced the seal and the engine started just fine. It ran fine and showed no problems. The next time I started it it ran fine for a moment or two and then began to sputter and eventually died. At that point I determined that I had run out of gas. I put fresh fuel in the tank and now it simply will not start. I am fairly sure that it is a fuel delivery problem, but I do not know how to diagnose it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE (auecker @ Apr 17 2010, 12:07 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=314018
My engines was running fine, but had a front crank seal leak. I replaced the seal and the engine started just fine. It ran fine and showed no problems. The next time I started it it ran fine for a moment or two and then began to sputter and eventually died. At that point I determined that I had run out of gas. I put fresh fuel in the tank and now it simply will not start. I am fairly sure that it is a fuel delivery problem, but I do not know how to diagnose it.
on top of the fuel filter there is a flex line , ide try this first because of easy acess , your going to need someone to cycle the key , it'll give you a visual idea wether your pump is working , there may be a fuel perge valve on the rail , if so a fuel perssure tester would be benaficial, acess to the pump is through the back seat if i remember correctly , hope this helps :thumbsup:

·
Registered
556 Posts
Step one.
Get Starter fluid, shoot it directly into the throttle body. If the car starts, it's fuel delivery, if not, it's spark.
Test your spark plugs, not sure if the car has a distribute or coil pack, test one of them. If you think it's plausible to be battery related, have a car jumping it. Could also be the crank sensor, however rarely ever have I seen a car not start do to a crank sensor. Could be a problem with the EGR valve, as well as many other things. You need to trouble shoot the issue, but start with testing spark and fuel. Then go from there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts