Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first a little background. it was rebuilt (by a dodgy mechanic to say the least)
I got hold of it and did it properly, it would crank but not fire up.
replaced crank and cam sensors, knock sensor, all fuses, relays and such, still wouldn't start.
changed ECU and burglar alarm module and hazard light relay and wouldn't turn over at all. swapped them all back to the original units and still won't crank over turn key nothing happens, ignition comes on, fuel pump primes everything turns on and works as it should but still won't crank over.
I jumper the starter motor and it cranks over fine and even attempts to fire up( haven't managed to get it running as yet ) yet it won't turn over via the key

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update

Ok update. shorting out the starter motor i can get it to start and run (drives and runs well) but still no response from the key when you try and start it

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,393 Posts
Old thread. Try starting one of your own and put more information
Vehicle and year
Also, anything you have tried to do to get it running
The more specific you are the better picture we get
Then sometimes we can help.

For now, try putting in neutral and start engine.
Does it crank and not start
Or does it not crank

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
It may be the clutch pedal switch. Try pushing the pedal down hard. If that dosn't work find the switch and bridge the 2 wires going to it and post back.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
I wish I could edit my post. I did mean to ask if the dash lights are coming on? It may also be the battery which I suggest you test or try a jump start to see if it cranks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts