Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there I am needing some guidence please ! I am a female and have not one to help me understand what was done to my car . . . I own a 1996 hyundai accent 5 speed. About a month ago I had a mechanic change the right front axle seal and cv boot. I picked the car up and right aways noticed there was a noise sorta under the gear shifter . . . Bare with me Im going to be as accurate as I can. Anyhow . . . Picked the car up noticed this noise took it straight back to the mechanic. He took the car for a drive and 20 minutes latter my car was being towed back into the shop. . . He told me my front axle fell off because he forgot to install a pin at the wheel end. Im assuming cotter pin? . . . I proceeded to leave after he had fixed this again. I drove out of his lot and down the street the noise was still there. I took it straight back to him and again said the new noise is still there. He was very angry at me? He suggested we both go for a drive to hear this noise together. We both agreed the noise was upon exelartaion seeming to be in second and third gear. The noise seemed to be comeing from under my gear shifter still. . . He was upset and said he had nothing to do with this noise ! ? . . . The noise was not there prior to him doing the work on my car. And the error in the repair. . . My question is . . . Can anyone tell me please when the axle falls off due to no cotter pin installed can this damage a transmission ? The noise continued for 2 weeks and the transmission went out of my car :( I really need guidence I do not know much about cars but would really appreciate if someone can help me understand ! ? Please . . .

1 - 1 of 1 Posts