Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I recently bought a J1 1800. the car idles 100% and runs very smooth when cold, but as soon as it warms up to normal operating temperature, it idles uneven and runs uneven when running at constant speed (not accelerating). this is driving me crazy. it does smell like it is running a bit rich.
i have had it at the so-called experts and they plugged their machine into it and said that there is no error.
PLEASE HELP.:(

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Start unplugging things until it make a difference. When signal is lost to an electrical sensor device, the computer reverts back to default settings, thus when you unplug the offending device, it should run better. Start with the IAC device and the throttle position sensor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have done that each at a time, still running uneven. Acceleration is smooth witch tells me if I am not wrong that the throttle position sensor is fine. only idling and constant throttle position is uneven.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,312 Posts
Have done that each at a time, still running uneven. Acceleration is smooth witch tells me if I am not wrong that the throttle position sensor is fine. only idling and constant throttle position is uneven.
Can you say pretty polly & pieces of eight too?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts