Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just new to this forum, just bought a hyundai excel 1995 1.5. When first starting up the idle seems to low, even when its been run a bit the idle seems low sometimes and cuts out sometimes. When in low gears the car seems stuttery and when on and off of the throttle pedal, the car is very stuttery. Not sure if this is a common problem, any advice on what to do would be very much appreceated.
Oh one more problem, the radia only works on am, and when i change it to fm the seek button only works once then nothing works until i switch it off and on?
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok No one can help?
When its cold, its real stuttery, when it gets warm it gets better but still there. Ive put new plugs and plug leads and a new fuel filter on it and its still misfiring, sometimes it feels like its running out of fuel. Could it be timing belt due? the car has done 76000km's so must be due one? or could it be fuel issue? any help would be much appreceated!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I hav\d a simular problem with my x3 , it turned out being a coil pack , an easy way to check is to start the engine at night with no lights on and check for cross sparking around the coil pack ,mine light up like xmas tree ,

hope this is of some help
Regards
Maverick1

1 - 4 of 4 Posts