Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys i have been battling with this problem for about 6 months i have a sohc 1995 1.5l accent automatic transmition the car starts up but it idels extra high no matter what u do with it even after like an hour of driving it still idels extra high the car is tuned and works well other than this problem and because of the high idle the cars tranny is takign alot of pressure and slamming into gear i have tried changing the idel control valve but it has the smae problem me and my dad were woundering if it could be the cam shaft sensor we checked of lecking air but we have found nothing and right now we are stumpped i dont know where else to turn so even if u guys cant help me thanks for all ur help :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so far me and my father have tried cleaning the throttle body changed the plugs and oil air filter cleaned the whole mainifold we tried swaping the idle control valve for one thats working cleaned the map sensor on it so i dont know thats mainly what we have done to it

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Try to cover the intake with your hand somehow. You should be able to starve out the motor because of air starvation. If it still runs, then you probably have an intake leak.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh ok ill see if i can try that today but for some reason i think it may be a sensor i just am not sure lol we sealed all the possible areas we figured may have been leaking air but we are not sure and we dont have much experence with fuel injected cars so we are not even sure which sensors do what and i cant find an engine diagram either so its a tuff one for us we have a friend who has one fo the computer diagnostic testers but the computer would not even let him get in to try to find otu whats wrong with it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts