Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in a Hyundai again. Had a 2007 Accent Sport, sold it to my brother a while back. Back in a Hyiundai.. my gramma's old '87 Stellar 2.0 that she had from brand new. Only has 144k kms on the odo & is very clean overall. Everything works. Only missing the trim over the wheel wells that fell off, otherwise in near perfect shape. Anyways, it's my ride now.

Just curious if anyone knows of a front strut bar that will bolt right up? I always liked the difference that made in stiffening up my Accent.

Other than that.. she leaks a bit of oil, haven't looked to see where from yet.

Not sure on fuel consumption as I've only had it a couple days. I'm going to monitor it and see if it's in line with specs, if so I won't much with anything.. but if not I may be doing some basic tuneup stuff like plugs/wires/carb cleaner etc. Open to suggestions & recommendations for sure.

I have no intentions of really "modding," this car A T A L L and while it's pretty stiff already compared to some of my old sloppy cars over the years I'd be open to bolting a front strut brace on since I found it to be more fun and safer to drive on my Accent. Otherwise this car is just A-Beater transportation & hopefully lasts a long time so I can drive it around payment free and save up some money. Still open to very minor tweaks for safety/performance/maintenance, but I'm not interested in bolting on a Mitsubishi turbo kit or any such crazy expensive thing.

Kinda interesting having a rear wheel drive Hyundai - I wasn't expecting that. I assumed it was fwd, but nope.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Not, because it was licensing from older Mitsu engines.
While US started to switch to FWD around 1981 or so, korean cars were limited and just in 1984 the boom started with Canada imports (which didn´t have the import quota products that US had).

Remember the 1984-1987 Pony ? Ford Cortina transmission, mItsu engine, and Bertone design. Still looks a recent design .

Do You have the owners manual? Mi father sold it in 1993, but I remember perfectly it was flip over, one side in French for Canada, and other in English.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts