Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so i'm getting a great deal on a set of wheels... wanted some advice as to fitments.

18 x 9.0 with a +35 Offset

The rear i'm not worried about but does the front pose any problem??

Also, what would be the perfect Tire size for such a setup.

I would like to go slightly higher profile than the standard replacement upsize but worried about front clearance from the strut because with that width and offset its already an inch closer.

Thanks for you time.

Arush

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
QUOTE (Autopsycho @ Oct 28 2010, 08:55 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=366905
Okay so i'm getting a great deal on a set of wheels... wanted some advice as to fitments.

18 x 9.0 with a +35 Offset

The rear i'm not worried about but does the front pose any problem??

Also, what would be the perfect Tire size for such a setup.

I would like to go slightly higher profile than the standard replacement upsize but worried about front clearance from the strut because with that width and offset its already an inch closer.

Thanks for you time.

Arush

optimal tire size to stay with 3% of oem would be 235/45/18
and the front is less of an issue than the rear.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the response.

The wheels are OZ Classe, here's a pic off the net...

So its a go ahead for 18x9 ET35 with 235/45 Tires?

downhiller, i would want to avoid stretching out the tires... 235/45 are fine for the front and backs I guess then.

Edit:

Just read this from the pinned wheel/tire thread

QUOTE (riceR)
My setup:
1. Hyundai Genesis Coupe Track
2. Front: 19x8 & Rear: 19x8.5
3. +35
4. Sunny SN3800
5. 235/35R19
6. H&R F:1.4" R:1.3"
7. <strike>The rear tires will touch the inner fender lip with enough weight back there. Front seems fine.</strike> Rubs like a mofo over bumps... need stiffer suspension or fender roll...
His rears are 8.5s with 35 offset and 235/35/19 with overall tire diameter comes to 25.5"
With my rear 9s and 35 offset and 235/45/18 with overall tire diameter comes to 26.3"

Thats almost an inch extra in height and a quarter inch extra in width over his setup. I guess that means they will rub like a mofo no doubt.

Dang that sucks! The only positive note is that I do not plan to lower the car as of now, so would I still be able to pull it off with stock springs?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
here is a pic of an 8th gen civic with 18x9.5 et35 with 235 45 18 on the rear. that should give u an idea of what ur tires are gona look like mounted (it varies by manufacture)

Attachments

·
Banned
873 Posts
QUOTE (Autopsycho @ Oct 28 2010, 01:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=366999
Thanks for the response.

The wheels are OZ Classe, here's a pic off the net...

So its a go ahead for 18x9 ET35 with 235/45 Tires?

downhiller, i would want to avoid stretching out the tires... 235/45 are fine for the front and backs I guess then.

Edit:

Just read this from the pinned wheel/tire thread

His rears are 8.5s with 35 offset and 235/35/19 with overall tire diameter comes to 25.5"
With my rear 9s and 35 offset and 235/45/18 with overall tire diameter comes to 26.3"

Thats almost an inch extra in height and a quarter inch extra in width over his setup. I guess that means they will rub like a mofo no doubt.

Dang that sucks! The only positive note is that I do not plan to lower the car as of now, so would I still be able to pull it off with stock springs?
trust me, no matter what you do, 9 inch+ wide wheels need some sort of a stretch on our sonatas to have the clearance.. you can get 255 if you want to completly avoid stretch but than your gonna have to roll fenders etc. 235 is still going to be a mild stretch on your 9inch wheel

having said that, those wheels look awesome!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Just did the math for the difference in width and offset. Assuming you currently have OEM 17" alloys, the difference is:

The inside of your wheel will be 21mm (.826 inches) closer to you strut and will stick out 43mm (1.692 inches) further than the stock wheel.

So, as long as you have an inch clearance between your wheel (and tire depending on the size you get) and the strut, and don't mind an inch and a half wider stance on either side of the car, you are golden. I would highly suggest rolling the fenders. Hitting a large enough bump will put your tires inside the fender whether or not you are on stock springs. I'm sure you don't want your tire rubbing on that nice sharp edge inside the fender.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts