Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Looking at a Sonata sport or limited. Best color?

Electric Blue
Red
Grey

I have the Electric Blue and many strangers come up to me saying they like my car's color.

I've seen a few sonata's in grey and the grey really does show up the details of the sonata really nice

Red, who doesn't love red lol

my car's electric blue color is of cause my favorite. Here are some pictures and maybe someone with a grey sonata could post some of their car pics. I honestly don't think I have seen anyone in here with a red 18 but the 2018 in red looks really nice too.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Looking at a Sonata sport or limited. Best color?
I have been looking at an SEL. You might want to consider interior color before exterior color. Only certain interior colors are available with each exterior color. I will never have a black interior. My preference is beige. Never had gray but would consider that. So for me, on an 18 Sonata, if I want beige interior my exterior choices are white and black. I hate both of those choices. I decided on gray or lakeside blue.

What I did was go to the lot when they are closed. That way you can look around from all angles and all colors. Different colors have different effects. For example, on a white or silver car, the chrome trim does not stand out that much but the tail lights etc. are a heavy contrast. You get the opposite effect with black or dark blue. The chrome pops and the lights blend in more.

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,601 Posts
The Blue, Red and Gray are my favorite colors as well. Personally i like the Gray best. But if it is your car and you paid pick what you like you have to live with it

·
Registered
2018 Sonata Limited 2.0T (Mfg:11/09/17)
397 Posts
The Blue, Red and Gray are my favorite colors as well. Personally i like the Gray best. But if it is your car and you paid pick what you like you have to live with it
My opinion: The Blue looks youthful and gives the appearance of a sportier version (perfect for the 'SEL/Sport') sometimes mistaken for an Elantra;
whereas the Grey gives the expensive 'James Bond' impression and often mistaken for a Genesis model (impressive as a 'Limited 2.0T').

Red? The ones I've seen in pictures look bright and sporty; but in the showroom, I think they have a more wine color base. And in Florida, ya gotta work at keeping a red car red, IMHO.

·
Registered
334 Posts
also if your going with an limited or base model. I think it looks good in white too.

·
Registered
2018 Sonata Limited 2.0T
6 Posts
Seats are perforated Black Leather with blue piping, feel and look great. Rest of the interior is good, wish the hard plastic on the door and back of the seats was different, but I can live with it. I like the integrated (in dash) touch screen.

The best interior of the cars I test drove was the 2018 Mazda 6 Grand Touring. Did not like the ipad looking display sticking up out of the dash like an afterthought though. There was not enough right arm elbow support either on the center console, pad was too far back.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got the scarlet red but I wanted the Lakeside Blue (dark blue) the way the light hit all the curves was sexy. They didnt have one in stock and I was using rewards points as part of my payment wich states must be for in stock vehicles only.

Attachments

·
Registered
391 Posts
I got the scarlet red but I wanted the Lakeside Blue (dark blue) the way the light hit all the curves was sexy. They didnt have one in stock and I was using rewards points as part of my payment wich states must be for in stock vehicles only.
You already bought, but you do know that in stock means that they can trade with another dealer in your area? They trade, and then it is in their stock. It just means that you can't order it from the factory. The goal is for the dealers to sell cars that have already been purchased from Hyundai.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
My 2015 is Lakeside Blue and I love the color.
It's very close in color to one of my antique cars minus the metallic since there was no metallic paint in the 20's.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts