Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a Question for owners of the LF NEW RISE model , have anyone try to remove the chrome stripe from the bottom of the airdam belowe the grill on their 18 or 19's sonata?

I like to remove it but I wonder if it is just stuck on the air dam with 3m tape or if I remove it will there be holes from clips if it is secured with clips and not 3m tape.

·
Registered
689 Posts
i kind of liked the look of the chrome on my 2015.
there was discussions about it back then, you may find a thread about it where people covered it with some carbon fiber tape of some sort.

if you remove it, then it will just look like the base model trim from the side won't it? the chrome gives it the distinctive look so people know you have the higher trim.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
i kind of liked the look of the chrome on my 2015.
there was discussions about it back then, you may find a thread about it where people covered it with some carbon fiber tape of some sort.

if you remove it, then it will just look like the base model trim from the side won't it? the chrome gives it the distinctive look so people know you have the higher trim.
I am talking about the chrome stripe on the front under the grill, not the door chrome stripe, I like that one too.. the 2018 LF New Rise Models have a Chrome stripe that runs under the grille on the front bumper.. your right though it does give it a nicer look as far the chrome. IDK, now you got me second thinking myself lol

·
Registered
689 Posts
ok i see what you mean.

looking at the pic, the chrome on the front seems to naturally flow well with the chrome on the sides. Maybe try photo shopping to see how it looks first.

not sure if it's the lighting, but your door handles look a bit off colored and not chrome color? i hope they aren't faded already.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok i see what you mean.

looking at the pic, the chrome on the front seems to naturally flow well with the chrome on the sides. Maybe try photo shopping to see how it looks first.

not sure if it's the lighting, but your door handles look a bit off colored and not chrome color? i hope they aren't faded already.
well the side door chrome trim and door handles are a darker chrome black like finish and the front is bright chrome but yea the lighting in the pic makes it hard to tell. You almost have to see one in person to notice it. Photoshop is a good ideal

·
Registered
689 Posts
I'm a bit outdated with new sonata trims,. But what trim is the "new rise"?

Is this a USA only trim? Canadian website just has plan simple names for trim like GL, GLS, sport, 2.0.

Sounds a bit awkward and long winded if I'd have to tell parts counter - I need parts that fit the "Sonata New Rise"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
406 Posts
I'm a bit outdated with new sonata trims,. But what trim is the "new rise"?

Is this a USA only trim? Canadian website just has plan simple names for trim like GL, GLS, sport, 2.0.

Sounds a bit awkward and long winded if I'd have to tell parts counter - I need parts that fit the "Sonata New Rise"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'new rise' is just a moniker hyundai gave for the refreshed LF body style. They did the same when the 2014 got a slight make over although I can't recall what it was named. Regardless, the 2018 and 19 are still an LF body. We'll get an entire new designator probably with the total redesign in 2020.

·
Registered
500 Posts
This is a Question for owners of the LF NEW RISE model , have anyone try to remove the chrome stripe from the bottom of the airdam belowe the grill on their 18 or 19's sonata?

I like to remove it but I wonder if it is just stuck on the air dam with 3m tape or if I remove it will there be holes from clips if it is secured with clips and not 3m tape.
Why not paint it to match the body color.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts