Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wow fantastic look. Absolutely love the pure black as well; I have a black HSH as well (even though it looks a little white with all the snow/salt).

Looking to get my windows tinted black; what's the tint % for your windows?

Tires = amazing look, and a great idea to reduce some weight. I cant wait to get rid of my wheels :dry:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow fantastic look. Absolutely love the pure black as well; I have a black HSH as well (even though it looks a little white with all the snow/salt).

Looking to get my windows tinted black; what's the tint % for your windows?

Tires = amazing look, and a great idea to reduce some weight. I cant wait to get rid of my wheels :dry:
I dont recall the specific percentage of the tint. I do know the front is two shades before the darkest they had, and the rear the the first shade before the darkest. I do recall the darkest shade they had available was something like 5% though. What are the window tint laws in Canada?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Looks really clean. However has the fuel economy improved because of the reduced weight or do they create enough drag that offsets any real difference in MPG?

I am curious because many vendors do not provide run flats in the default HSH size which is something I did have on my HST with 18's.

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
I put the same ones on my Genesis Coupe. Dropped over 40 lbs just from wheels. Made a tremendous difference.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I like it , how does it drive now? Mine made a big difference after I lowered it just hogs the road, I had it up to 125MPH feels great,
125? How fast do these hybrids go? LoL

Lowering always makes it feel better. Lowered my Z and feels rock solid.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like it , how does it drive now? Mine made a big difference after I lowered it just hogs the road, I had it up to 125MPH feels great,
THANKS! Pro-Kit is a must for sure. I barely have ran a tank of gas through it so far. Instant mpg says about 1mpg more than before, but no conclusive data. The first drive with the rims totally different feel. Took off the line more smoothly with less engine grunt. When reducing unsrpung weight its generally assumed that all driving characteristics will improve (brake feel, acceleration, handling, mpg). I figure Ive reduced around 30 pounds with the new wheels. I love the lok of that OEM style spoiler on your ride. Did you have that put on at the dealer? That may be my next mod.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Looks really clean. However has the fuel economy improved because of the reduced weight or do they create enough drag that offsets any real difference in MPG?

I am curious because many vendors do not provide run flats in the default HSH size which is something I did have on my HST with 18's.
Remind me what is the purpose for runflat tires again? lol. Ive got AAA roadside and the can of Tire Goo that came with the car, or anything a tire plug cant fix. If these hybrids had a spare tire i would have removed it by now; very easy way to reduce weight. Spare tire on my Tacoma weighed 48lbs! I believe runflats are generally more heavy than regular tires not to mention almost double the cost to replace.

·
Registered
33 Posts
THANKS! Pro-Kit is a must for sure. I barely have ran a tank of gas through it so far. Instant mpg says about 1mpg more than before, but no conclusive data. The first drive with the rims totally different feel. Took off the line more smoothly with less engine grunt. When reducing unsrpung weight its generally assumed that all driving characteristics will improve (brake feel, acceleration, handling, mpg). I figure Ive reduced around 30 pounds with the new wheels. I love the lok of that OEM style spoiler on your ride. Did you have that put on at the dealer? That may be my next mod.
I have done all the mods myself, I'm a tech myself. so far I have done springs, wheels, hid headlights, led interior , and k&n filter , next will be ignition coil voltage booster will raise voltage from 12v to 18volts better combustion clean tail pipe :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't recall the specific percentage of the tint. I do know the front is two shades before the darkest they had, and the rear the the first shade before the darkest. I do recall the darkest shade they had available was something like 5% though. What are the window tint laws in Canada?
In my province it seems unclear for passenger cars. Basically, its up to the cop's discretion whether he can see you well enough or not. Found this:

"Ontario – For the driver’s compartment, right and left, no film can be installed that would substantially obscure visibility from the exterior. Behind the driver’s compartment, any film can be installed."

Seems like 35% is acceptable. Tints seem to come in 50%, 35%, 20% and 5% (darkest) - if I understand correctly.

I'll give the tint a try soon and see what the installer has to say.

·
Registered
4 Posts
125? How fast do these hybrids go? LoL

Lowering always makes it feel better. Lowered my Z and feels rock solid.
Got my Hybrid up to 132 (K40 radar detector said) on I75 in Tennessee, coming from an 09 Ralliart which topped out at 149 I was quite pleased with it, especially beating a riced out 90's Civic :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts