Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to see if there is anyone else running any 17" wheels on their accent... If so wat profile?

Next week i will be running 17" wheels with tyre profile of 205/40/17... It is the only profile i am able to run due to the car being lowered.

Curious to see what others are running out there, especially in relation to width!!

·
Registered
249 Posts
I wanted 17" but it would be too much. I'm running on D2, and I think 17" would make car ultra uncomfortable :)
But, if you Do put them, post some pictures and opinion

·
Registered
106 Posts
I wanna see 'em

I'd be interested in pics of this setup. And this brings to mind something I haven't found much info on, alternate rims/tires for Accents. Specifically, I'd like to know what other people have replaced their 13" stock steel rims with on an '02 GL sedan.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can put pics up wen i get mine done, they will be gettin done in 3 hours... As for comfortability i honestly dont care about that haha since i knew straight away wat would happen once i lower it, my aim has always been to take the bends as fast as possible etc... Atm my best friend's evo 6 starts losing traction before i do around bends :D

And just so u know, the 05 accent uses stock 14" wheels with profile of 185/60/14... As far as im away the previous models use 175/?/13

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The wheels!!!!

Wheels have been placed on a few weeks ago however i had issues uploading images!! Well here they are now... 17x8" wheels with tyre profile 205/40/17

Cannot believe the difference i have acquired with the wider wheel and the grip gained through corners...

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wheels have been placed on a few weeks ago however i had issues uploading images!! Well here they are now... 17x8" wheels with tyre profile 205/40/17

Cannot believe the difference i have acquired with the wider wheel and the grip gained through corners...
This looks amazing sir, what is the thing about it not being comfy, I don't understand how bigger tires could lower comfor?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This looks amazing sir, what is the thing about it not being comfy, I don't understand how bigger tires could lower comfor?
Generally the accent really hates big wheels, I have found this out the hard way from extensive track work and mountain races... I have bought new wheels now and have 16x7 with a +25 offset (Tyre profile is 205/45 R16)... This combination is incredibly and I have managed to pick up ridiculous cornering speeds a long with quicker launches due to how light these are...

As for the comfort bit, the 17's run a small profile therefore you feel every bump and there is not much play in them... If u compare my new ones with the old ones in this thread you will see the difference.

Note that the new tyres poke out of the guards so a lot of guard cutting and grinding was required to get them to fit, but worth every hour :D

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Generally the accent really hates big wheels, I have found this out the hard way from extensive track work and mountain races... I have bought new wheels now and have 16x7 with a +25 offset (Tyre profile is 205/45 R16)... This combination is incredibly and I have managed to pick up ridiculous cornering speeds a long with quicker launches due to how light these are...

As for the comfort bit, the 17's run a small profile therefore you feel every bump and there is not much play in them... If u compare my new ones with the old ones in this thread you will see the difference.

Note that the new tyres poke out of the guards so a lot of guard cutting and grinding was required to get them to fit, but worth every hour :D
Wow that looks amazing. Are you a racer? What do you think, what would fit on my car. I will send you pictures later. I really want a new rims and tyres to make the car shine to it's real beauty, because I think stock rims make it look worse then it deserves.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you! Ye i do race the accent whilst it is my daily as well... Send me some pictures through inbox and we can try to choose the best option as a fair bit has to be considered :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thank you! Ye i do race the accent whilst it is my daily as well... Send me some pictures through inbox and we can try to choose the best option as a fair bit has to be considered :)
Sure, I will make some. Mind checking my old PM. You haven't replied me yet :frown:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts