Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the valance panel for the 2.0T fit on this? I'm thinking of switching my current one out for the 2.0T as it has a much more aggressive look. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's like the rear diffuser. The black plastic piece that sits below the rear bumper and in between the dual exhaust.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
If that piece is not part of the bumper is no reason it would not just snap onto a 2.4 Sport.
If it is all one piece then you'd have to replace the entire bumper.

I've never had the rear bumper off so I don't know if the pieces are separate.

Edit: According to this site, the same bumper fits all models across the line so it looks like all you would need to do is change the valance / gravel panel.
https://www.carid.com/2015-hyundai-sonata-rear-bumpers/?filter=1&sub-model[ourSubModelName][]=Sport+2.0T

Another site to browse.
https://www.hyundaipartsdeal.com/pa...Filter=(01=S4;02=L5;03=G;04=1;05=F;DT=L;WT=3)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I bought the rear bumper valance for my stock 2017 sonata. I also bought the dual tip stock mufflers from the turbo model, I looked at the holes (through picture only) and all holes seek to match up. I think the problem will be getting the stock exhaust tip to allow the installation as the turbo exhaust tips are shaped differently that the base or sport. Also, if you have the base model it is single exhaust tip and not dual, so it would look odd if you have the slots for both tips but only a muffler on one. I haven't gotten to installing the mufflers or valance, probably won't do it this year because I'm so lazy, but if/when I do it I'll let you know.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have dual exhaust so that wouldn't be a problem. I'm just not sure if it will align nicely. If I pop out the rear bumper I should be able to remove it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Keep in mind that if you want to keep the original mufflers and Muffler tips you might have issues because they are not the exact same shape as the turbo exhaust tips

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts