Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I regularly drive my SF in Sport mode, and have always found it a pain to have to reselect this mode after starting.

Yesterday, after starting the SF, I noticed that it remembered ECO mode, which I had enabled on my way home from work after running with the LOW FUEL indicator on.

So, it appears that shutting down in Sport or Normal mode causes the vehicle to start up in Normal mode, while shutting down in ECO mode causes the vehicle to start up in ECO mode (*&^%$#@!%).

Is this design intent by some eco activist engineer, or a bug in the computer?

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
It's by design. Our Tucson is the same way.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Kind of makes sense that it would default to normal mode on restarts. Not sure of the logic behind it maintaining ECO mode though. For the sake of consistency you would think all three modes would operate the same. Hyundai must have hired an ex GM engineer.....That's the type of thing they'd do.... :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Could it be that they wanted it to restart in whichever mode it was last in, but some government requirement prevents them leaving it in sport mode?

Or it could just be stupid. In my 2012 with nav, playing MP3s from a USB stick, I select random all for play back. Every time I restart, random is off and I have to reselect it, yet it knows which song was playing and resumes it where it left off.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Could it be that they wanted it to restart in whichever mode it was last in, but some government requirement prevents them leaving it in sport mode?

Or it could just be stupid. In my 2012 with nav, playing MP3s from a USB stick, I select random all for play back. Every time I restart, random is off and I have to reselect it, yet it knows which song was playing and resumes it where it left off.

I noticed that when using Android Auto and playing shuffle from Amazon Prime app it starts with the same song every time. That is annoying!

On the Eco mode, it's an EPA thing.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I never recommend anyone trying to reprogram their vehicle with aftermarket calibrations. If there is no new factory calibration leave them alone. I will add....Be cautious of factory updates. I know that we have customers who watch forum web sites for PCM software updates and then bring their vehicle in for an update just because they think they will benefit from it. Be aware that updates can affect fuel mileage and things that you like, and once the update is installed they generally cannot be reversed. For that reason I recommend that people only have an update done if there is a recall, your vehicle currently suffers from what the update will fix, or you have a strong reason to believe that your vehicle will develop that condition in the future.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts