Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Is the Value Edition, with 16" tire and alloy, noticeably a bit more smoother and comfortable riding than the Limited with it's 17" tires and wheels? I figure the 16" have 1" more rubber so better insulation for bumps, ride comfort?

Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi,

Is the Value Edition, with 16" tire and alloy, noticeably a bit more smoother and comfortable riding than the Limited with it's 17" tires and wheels? I figure the 16" have 1" more rubber so better insulation for bumps, ride comfort?

Thanks
Yes. We have a limited and an se and I'd say the 16in wheels are just better for comfort and quietness. I prefer the comfort over looks

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I have 15" steel rims. Ride is very smooth. Sometimes an upgrade in looks is a downgrade.

I take function before looks any day.

Local tires shop guy was pointing out the low profile tires tended to have more leaks at the rim, more expensive, less forgiving if you hit a pot hole, etc. Good for his business.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Low profile tires aren't about looks alone, it's for cornering stability & more road feedback. I choose 17" over 18".I felt that's a good compromise

·
Registered
251 Posts
No doubt. Drove both Value Edition and Limited before buying my Limited. VE was smoother riding but the Ltd handled better. I wish Hyundai would have offered the VE's 16" alloy wheelset with the Limited instead of only 17".

·
Registered
613 Posts
I’m considering changing the wheels out on this car when the time comes for new tires. I’m going to keep them the same size, though. Ride comfort and noise levels are great. Don’t want to mess with something that isn’t broken.

I have 15" steel rims. Ride is very smooth. Sometimes an upgrade in looks is a

Man, isn’t this the truth? I saw someone already jammed 22’s on a new Civic ??*♂

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Rim

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I’m considering changing the wheels out on this car when the time comes for new tires. I’m going to keep them the same size, though. Ride comfort and noise levels are great. Don’t want to mess with something that isn’t broken.

Man, isn’t this the truth? I saw someone already jammed 22’s on a new Civic ??*♂

View attachment 408385
That looks redonkulus. I guess that is the price you have to pay for being cool. :surprise:

FYI: I am not cool, but I get a smooth ride and tires will be inexpensive to replace. :wink:

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
That looks redonkulus. I guess that is the price you have to pay for being cool. :surprise:
I agree. Nothing screams "I got weed in the glove box" like a stupid set of wheel rims. The cops know this and you see these clown cars pulled over all the time.

The Elantra does just fine on 15" steelies in the winter time with the correct tires for snow/ice. Ride is amazing.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Any imperfections in the road that can be absorbed by the tire before reaching the chassis will provide a better ride. But as stated, the tire profile has a tradeoff between comfort and handling

·
Registered
24 Posts
No doubt. Drove both Value Edition and Limited before buying my Limited. VE was smoother riding but the Ltd handled better. I wish Hyundai would have offered the VE's 16" alloy wheelset with the Limited instead of only 17".
Ditto. I switched from the 17" Limited wheels to the 16" VE. You can get the VE rims on ebay with TPMS sensors for $300.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yup, all about comfort (as long as still safe) for me, glory days are long gone. I'd go higher if the Tucson didn't already look a little bit like an elephant on roller skates with 17s

·
22,793 Posts
It’s all about sidewall flexing. The more sidewall you have, the better the ride. Only option is to jump up a size on the OEM 17’s to higher profile. I went from the 225/45R/17’s to a 225/50R/17. Ride comfort improved. Threw my speedometer off about 2-3 mph so I have to watch out for that when setting my cruise. Most LEO’s will give you a liberal 5mph tolerance. Once you get into that 7+mph range, you’re on your own.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Go to ebaymotors.com and in the top box, search for auction# 322673659625
299.99 - free shipping. Sensors work with AD Elantra.
Yup, those are the ones I bought... although now the listing says "scratch and dent", so who knows what their last few sets look like.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Yup, those are the ones I bought... although now the listing says "scratch and dent", so who knows what their last few sets look like.
I picked up a set of their used "scratch&dent" wheels for my sister's hybrid from these guys just a few months ago. They had some brake/road dust and were not shiny/new but not scratched and not dented. Just used. Some minor scuffing where the tire machine pulls the tire off but not even a 'scratch'. On 3 of the 4, the logo on the center cap still had the protective blue plastic stuck on.

I think they just say "scratch and dent" on their auctions because there are too many people in this world that look over wheels with a magnifying glass and question every surface imperfection. These people should be shopping for Paxil instead of wheels. The only way to keep a positive feedback score is to downgrade the stated condition of the product so the neurotics have nothing to complain about.

·
22,793 Posts
The only way to keep a positive feedback score is to downgrade the stated condition of the product so the neurotics have nothing to complain about.
And adding a thousand disclaimers in the post.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts