Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, does anyone knows if 16" wheel would fit on a 2013 SF?

I'm currently shopping for winter tires (living in Montreal here!) and I'm wondering if going down to 16" is feasible, would it clear the brake calipers?

Our SF is a 2.0T Premium AWD. That trim comes on the 17" from factory here in Canada and was thinking going with 235/70/16 tires for winter. But just not sure if 16" will fit there!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did that on a 2012 without problems. Limited with 18" wheels. Had 16" from previous car so used them. Actually off a Tucson. Not sure if 2013 is much different, but my guess is it would work. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Maybe ----- !

A way to check is to measure the distance between the front brake caliper and the inside of the wheel rim - if it's more than 1/2" after allowing for any stick-on balance weights, then you can go down 1" in rim size.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was mentioned, months ago, in another thread that the 16s aren't large enough to clear the brakes.
John
Thanks John, looks like you're right! I've done some extensive search on the forum and I fall on the thread you mentioned!

Well, let's stay 17" then!

·
Registered
220 Posts
^ lol, he has the oem 17's for those seasons; Winter tires are mandatory in the prov of Que for the winter months

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is it okay to use 17" rims from other Hyundai sedans, eg Sonata, for winter? Can the rim from a sedan hold up the weight of a SUV?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now wondering if I should stay 235 wide or go 225 for better control in deep snow...

Probably going with the 225! The only thing is the load rate would be a little less (102 instead of 108 I think) and they would probably not be XL. But since I'm not pulling anything during winter time, I don't think it really have an impact!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Now wondering if I should stay 235 wide or go 225 for better control in deep snow...

Probably going with the 225! The only thing is the load rate would be a little less (102 instead of 108 I think) and they would probably not be XL. But since I'm not pulling anything during winter time, I don't think it really have an impact!

Hi ,

We got my wife's 2013 SF Limited on last November and it came out from the dealer directly on winter tire . They put Good Year P235/65R17 . We tried to use the 16" kit from our 2009 SF that we trade in , but I saw with my eyes , they didn't fit .
So far so good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts