Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get a 16" steel wheel for a 2012 GLS?
I'm going to explore the junk yard route but they would only have alloy wheels in that size since the Elantra's that have steel wheels are 15". I've looked on TireRack.com but they only have a 15" as well listed for the Elantra.

The reason I am looking for one is back when my wife's Elantra had 10,000 miles on it (it now has 50,000ish) she got a nail in the sidewall and we had to replace the tire. The other three OEM tires are getting close to needing to be replaced but the one tire is still in pretty good condition. Not good enough to run with three new tires but I am planning on turning that one into a spare.

·
Registered
543 Posts
A spare to carry in the car or just to have at the house? I don't think there is enough room for it in the trunk. (16" anyway)

I could be wrong though. To be honest I think any generic 16" 5-nut of a certain spec would work.... Can't remember the spec off the top of my head.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
I think there is room in the trunk - I know the Accent has room in the trunk for the 16's, I would think the E would have room for the 17's.

Take one of the existing alloy tire and rims off and see if it fits in the trunk.

You have three options:
  • Hyundai Elantra Wheels Rims OEM Alloy Steel Wheel Rim - Not sure you want to spend that much, but you could match the existing wheel. (Without TPMS, it would always have the dash light turned on though).
  • Wheel Details - Discount Tire - Oddly, Discount show a 17-inch steel that fits and a 16-inch steel 4-lug that fits the Accent, but nothing that fits the E - they do have alloys that will work for around $90.
  • Junkyard - anything pretty much 5x4.5 should work - as long as it clears the brake calipers.

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
A wheel with the same bolt pattern from multiple makes will fit Elantra. I would find a local place that does used wheels and tires and go from there. Since you care more about fit than condition you can probably find a cheap single somewhere local.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts