Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I've got some coilovers on order for my 2006 MC sedan and will be lowering the car. I want to get some new rims for the car as well.
These are the rims I'm after, but don't know if I'll have issues with the +35 offset.

I'm looking at getting 215/45/16 tyres if the rims fit.

Does anyone know if these rims and tyres will fit without any issues.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Nice looking rims. Whats the offset on the rims already on the car? If your got mags it's usually somewhere on the inside of the rim.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Think I just found it. std offset is 47 so it's guard clearance your concerned with. 6.5" is the widest std rim and those are 7" total approx 18mm each side . Well it's not legal and the guard clearance might be tight.

·
Registered
653 Posts
If one goes by the specs of the OEM 16" wheel, 6.5" ET47, the new wheels will be 7mm (1/4") closer to the suspension and extend 19mm (3/4"). One can look to see if the 1/4" closer would present any problem with the suspension components, and for the outside view, add 3/4" spacers of some kind, maybe 2 large nuts over a couple of studs to see where the outer part of the wheel might be in relationship to the fender, especially if you're lowering the car. One tire size larger shouldn't present a problem as 205/45-16" is the OEM size.

The smaller wheel size for comparison, 5.5" ET46, inner 7mm closer to the suspension, outer part will extend 31mm (1.25").

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At the moment I've just got the standard 14" wheels on the car, so thanks charlescrown for looking at that.
Ok, so I might run into issues with these rims, bugger!
I really like these rims.
Thanks Turbonut for the info, especially the stock 16" specs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts