Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought myself a set of 16x6" Kia Venga rims, ET51.

So these will sit about 5mm futher out on the car, so I assume I should stick to fairly narrow tyres. Anyone tried to use 205x55x16" or 205x60x16" on their XG's? Any risk of scrubbing the trye to the fender arches? :confused:

These are the ones I got (four rims for £48 was to good to pass on).
http://www.carstrek.com/image-posts/1443-Kia-venga-16-crdi-08.jpg.html

·
Registered
907 Posts
Nope. Larger ET (51 vs. stock 46) means they sit further inside since ET specifies the distance from the mounting flange to the center plane of the wheel/rim.

So if they rub somewhere it will be the strut. And it will look odd.
May need shims/distances and install longer studs in the flanges.

Stock size of the XG350 is 205/60/16 which will be the correct size to use on an XG30, too.

BUT: Apparently these rims are designated to a much smaller (=lighter) vehicle than the XG is. Do you have any information about the max. load spec of these things ?

The larger ET may have been chosen by the manufacturer on purpose to prevent that people put them on larger (+heavier) vehicles. Similar to what BMW did with rims for the 3 series compared to the 5 & 7 series. Same bolt pattern but different ET (larger for the 3 s.) since the rims for the 3 s. are 'thinner'.

Why don't you check such things before you buy ? Just had $$$ (sorry, £££) in the eyes ? The needed mods to your car will cost you more than you saved on buying these rims. And still potentially risking your life ?
I don't get it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Arent we a bit short of sunshine today :D

Ofcause youre right, but if these turns out to be a no good solution, I'll ditch them. I have a set of 5mm spacers from another car I've had these might come in handy then.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts