Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seem I cannot find any range year 2016 to 2018 Tucson in salvage yard, so I can pull a piece of parts.

·
Registered
842 Posts
It's hard to find any car less than 10 years old in salvage yards in the U.S. At least not in the northeast near where I live. When I was younger, I used to go to one of the 5 u-pull-it lots within an hour drive of me. But all of those lots sold out to LKQ and while 3 of them still operate as u-pull-it lots, they don't have any modern vehicles to pull from. Instead, all the vehicles are stripped for parts, with the parts being cataloged and sold from a database to repair shops.

I broke an interiour panel when installing my subwoofer and amp, so I had to order it from fourgreen.com and it took about 2-3 months before it arrived at my door. The cost wasn't that bad, just a long wait.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
I've seen one on CL once that was available for parts.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's hard to find any car less than 10 years old in salvage yards in the U.S. At least not in the northeast near where I live. When I was younger, I used to go to one of the 5 u-pull-it lots within an hour drive of me. But all of those lots sold out to LKQ and while 3 of them still operate as u-pull-it lots, they don't have any modern vehicles to pull from. Instead, all the vehicles are stripped for parts, with the parts being cataloged and sold from a database to repair shops.

I broke an interiour panel when installing my subwoofer and amp, so I had to order it from fourgreen.com and it took about 2-3 months before it arrived at my door. The cost wasn't that bad, just a long wait.
I thought so. I am looking for decent price for auto dimming mirror with garage remote and possible LED tail lights. If I buying online it will cost me over $1,000.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I thought so. I am looking for decent price for auto dimming mirror with garage remote and possible LED tail lights. If I buying online it will cost me over $1,000.
Yea, you will never find tail lights at an LKQ affiliated u-pull it yard for a modern vehicle. Those are a hot insurance commodity for people that get rear ended. Those lights get pulled, catalogged and shelved, just wanting for someone to get hit. Then a body shop will purchase it at a premium price and insurance pays the bill. They make way more money that way, as opposed to someone doing a u-pull it where they might sell both for $60.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, you will never find tail lights at an LKQ affiliated u-pull it yard for a modern vehicle. Those are a hot insurance commodity for people that get rear ended. Those lights get pulled, catalogged and shelved, just wanting for someone to get hit. Then a body shop will purchase it at a premium price and insurance pays the bill. They make way more money that way, as opposed to someone doing a u-pull it where they might sell both for $60.
I would better to start saving those money.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am wanting a headlight to mess around with doing a retrofit. Even a broken one would be fine. Where can I find one of those at? Need a 2016-2017 Halogen light.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
I've seen plenty of headlights on ebay.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
I thought so. I am looking for decent price for auto dimming mirror with garage remote
You can buy the gentex auto dimming with homelink on ebay or amazon all day for under $100.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts