Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Original owner on 2015 sonata hybrid. It’s in the shop for the 3rd time this year. The wrench light comes on once in a while. I can stop car, turn off and restart and goes away. Dealership can never replicate the code and never finds anything wrong. This last time, there was a loud beep and car needed to be turned off. The dealership has had my car for a week now. Tonight they call and say it’s the regular battery! Not even the hybrid but the regular battery. They want $300 which is not happening. I can replace the battery myself. I’m trying to wrap my head around this. Anyone else have the wrench light come on and it be due to the regular battery needing to be replaced??? The wrench light supposedly should be for the hybrid part- which is why I don’t understand it. And if that‘s all it has been this whole time, why did it take 3 visits to tell me the regular battery needs replaced.
Any thoughts??

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
At 5 years of use, you may be due for a new 12 volt battery, and $300 is too much. You can do it yourself for a lot cheaper. Give it a shot and replace it and see if you continue to get the wrench, and if so you can at least eliminate that diagnosis.

Reactions: JKK

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Original owner on 2015 sonata hybrid. It’s in the shop for the 3rd time this year. The wrench light comes on once in a while. I can stop car, turn off and restart and goes away. Dealership can never replicate the code and never finds anything wrong. This last time, there was a loud beep and car needed to be turned off. The dealership has had my car for a week now. Tonight they call and say it’s the regular battery! Not even the hybrid but the regular battery. They want $300 which is not happening. I can replace the battery myself. I’m trying to wrap my head around this. Anyone else have the wrench light come on and it be due to the regular battery needing to be replaced??? The wrench light supposedly should be for the hybrid part- which is why I don’t understand it. And if that‘s all it has been this whole time, why did it take 3 visits to tell me the regular battery needs replaced.
Any thoughts??
Did it sound like this video I had uploaded back in 2011?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts