Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I downsize from the original 16" rims to 15" rims for winter tires? Does anyone actually have 15 on their elantra? I played with some 14" I had lying around and the caliper waas way too big. I am woried not even 15" would fit.

·
22,788 Posts
15" rims with narrower snow tires will work much better in snow conditions. It won't look as good as what you're running in the summer. But who cares, really? Your goal is to get from Point A to Point B. Safely. In one piece. Getting there is half the battle. Can't put much more value on that.

Besides, it's a twice-a-year opportunity for you and your car to bond and get intimate. Washing underneath the wheel wells, inside the rims that get all gunked up from months of road muck, cleaning & servicing the brake areas/slide pins... just a labor of love and also having some fun with your ride. Of course, this leads to shampooing the carpets, cleaning the trunk, washing, clay barring, waxing, and everything else. One good deed seems to feed off of another. Before you know it, the entire day is gone. But you can't wait to get in and take her for a spin through the neighborhood.

·
22,788 Posts
Good to be retired, eh Rich ?
ROF, Tim. Retired? "Au contraire mon frère." I was referring to those most sacred of days off: Saturday and Sunday.

I'm not ready to hang up the spurs, just yet. Not as long as the wife can still find her To-Do list and add page-after-page of trivial stuff to it.

I always get up early on Saturday's before she does so I can get into something, ANYTHING, that I want to do. Then, if she asks, I always point to the project at hand and explain that I can't quit in mid-stream. Usually, that works. "Usually!" ;)

·
22,788 Posts
^ :laughing:

·
Registered
222 Posts
ROF, Tim. Retired? "Au contraire mon frère." I was referring to those most sacred of days off: Saturday and Sunday.

I'm not ready to hang up the spurs, just yet. Not as long as the wife can still find her To-Do list and add page-after-page of trivial stuff to it.

;)
Not only wise, but bilingual too!!:grin: Way to go Rich.
How is the new residence coming along?
Don

·
22,788 Posts
Not only wise, but bilingual too!!:grin: Way to go Rich.
How is the new residence coming along?
Don
Slowly. Wife has "all these ideas!" Sheesh! And so do I. They just don't coincide. Maybe January/February. Walls are up. Low E windows in. Roof on. Dining room, laundry room, center island in the kitchen in progress. Garage attached.

Waiting on the 20x20 man cave to be added/completed (with full bath, BTW) large porch on back with BBQ pit. Wired for outside speakers and cable so I can entertain "ME" out there. I'm buying myself a 70" flat screen, a small fridge and hibernating in the Man Cave. I refuse to come out until the groundhog see his suntan! Or the wife beckons. Whichever comes first. :grin:

Maybe I'll buy some chrome rims and hang them on the walls for ambiance!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Slowly. Wife has "all these ideas!" Sheesh! And so do I. They just don't coincide. Maybe January/February. Walls are up. Low E windows in. Roof on. Dining room, laundry room, center island in the kitchen in progress. Garage attached.

Waiting on the 20x20 man cave to be added/completed (with full bath, BTW) large porch on back with BBQ pit. Wired for outside speakers and cable so I can entertain "ME" out there. I'm buying myself a 70" flat screen, a small fridge and hibernating in the Man Cave. I refuse to come out until the groundhog see his suntan! Or the wife beckons. Whichever comes first. :grin:

Maybe I'll buy some chrome rims and hang them on the walls for ambiance!
Heck with the 70" HDTV...... go for the 80" HDTV saw one at COSTCO
for under 3 grand (Sharp)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts