Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All.

So I found a set of nice 15" pontiac rims on craigslist at a great price. I have a couple questions. First, how do I know if these will fit my car? They do not have any tires on them, which is probably better as I would need to get low profile ones. Does the car need to be lifted or anything to fit these?

Also, the rims are chrome, anyone know if it is easy to paint them? I want them to be black.

Thanks in advance all!

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
are you kidding? 15'? those will fit anyday, someone here has 18' rims.

now, if you are talking about the bolt pattern, then our rides have 4x100. be sure to post pics :)

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Also, you better get a wheel shop to inspect the rims to make sure there aren't hairline fractures in them. If there are, you could in for a nasty surprise after many more highway miles.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I have 15s.  this is what they look like in that size: [attachment=21256:IMG_1564.JPG]

You'll need a 4x100 bolt pattern. And if you're going to paint them, all you have to do is prime them and then paint them whatever color you want.

You'll need new tires as well. aannddd... hubcentric rings...

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the replys!!

The Pontiac rims have a 5 bolt pattern. **** so that is not going too work then huh?

Is there a width measurement that I need to know about as well?

·
Registered
3 Posts
You asked about measurements ... the bolt pattern for your Accent is 4x100 ... that's 4 bolts (or lugs) and a spacing of 100 millimeters. Lots of times when searching for wheels you can just use 4x100 as a search word.

By the way, the SE models (like mine) come with 16" wheels, standard. So, even on a GS or GLS model, 15" wheels will fit provided they don't have some weird offset.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you think this will fit it doesn't say anything about 4X100? 195/50/R15 is is off of a Mazda Miata

Also, is there any way I can tell the rims are straight without putting them on a machine?

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Wheels from a Mazda Miata will be a direct fit. If they are oem Mazda wheels you won't even need hubcentric rings, Miatas have the same wheel centerbore diameter as an Accent.

If the wheels look clean and straight to the eye, and the seller says they are straight, thats really all you can go by if dealing with local classifieds or craigslist.

Miatas are very sensitive to wheel balance so if they seller says they ride fine they are probably good.

Of course when you get the wheels we all demand pics.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think this is my last question. There is a Mazda emblem engraved in the center, it does not look like it pops out our anything.
Am I going to have to keep that there for ever? I am planing on painting them black down the road.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
QUOTE (omg grip @ Nov 15 2010, 10:52 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=371789
which mazda wheel is it? I am pretty sure they all use centercaps. If you dont/cant remove them, they should all be plastic and you could sand the emblem off to make the cap smooth.
http://www.miata.net/faq/wheel_weights.html
I am pretty positive it is this one '99-2002 Sport 5-spoke alloy 15" x 6" 40 13.1 lb.

But.... it looks like I am going to have to hold off for a little bit just received an unexpected bill.

Thanks for all the replys I will save this thread!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts