Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I was changing my spark plugs and the little grey pin that connects the pigtail to the engine coil broke :( you can see the picture as to what i am talking about. What are my options to change it, i dont want to buy the full cable part. Can i leave the cable connected without the pin? is there any where I can buy the pin?

Thanks so much for all your help!

Attachments

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
18,407 Posts
From what I can see in the photo the grey part is just a locking device that needs to be lifted before you can release the connector from the coil. It doesn't really do anything, so I wouldn't worry about it.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
18,407 Posts
When you push the connector onto the coil, are you able to pull it back off without pushing the release button? If not engine vibration is unlikely to work it loose.

·
Registered
18,407 Posts
Personally, I would just drive it the way it is. If the engine starts running rough just check to see if the connector has come adrift, which I think is unlikely to happen.
If you really want piece of mind stop by your local breakers yard and cut a connector from whatever Hyundai/Kia you can find with the same engine.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had this problem - broke 2 of them. I was not opening them correctly.

Got a packet of 10 from aliexpress, cheap as chips compared to genuine spares - same part, probably where H gets them from..
Had to use a fine flat blade screwdriver to dismantle the old ones.
When you have new ones in hand it is much easier to see how they work.

"10pcs/lot 2 Pin/Way Female Ignition Coil Plug Harness Connector For Hyundai Kia "

·
3,861 Posts

Got a packet of 10 from aliexpress, cheap as chips compared to genuine spares - same part, probably where H gets them from..

"10pcs/lot 2 Pin/Way Female Ignition Coil Plug Harness Connector For Hyundai Kia "

I believe he is referring to the grey plastic clip that locks the connector to the ignition coil.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The gray bit, the yellow bit, the black bit - it's all in the packet in the link I described. It's the gray bit (lock) that breaks, the kit has all the bits.

I haven't been able to source just the grey lock part.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks so much everyone, Duke12 That'

s exactly what i was looking for!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.