Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I am about to buy a i10 1,2. But the car-design isn't that great.. But it will be OK with alu rims, I think :) It will be "born" with 13", and I am thinking of getting 14" or 15" instead. But will this makes the car roll on corners, like I can read here: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/EDITORIAL/CARS...r_review_2.html ? QUOTE
The ride is fairly comfortable for a car with small wheels, but the 14-inch rims combined with the car’s height means there is a bit of roll on corners.
Anyway, which rims and tires is recommended for the i10?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I fail to see how 14" wheels will make any difference to roll around corners. They will just be fitted with lower profile tyres to achieve the same overall diameter.

·
Registered
272 Posts
QUOTE (peet_dk @ Jul 8 2010, 09:11 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339936
The ride is fairly comfortable for a car with small wheels, but the 14-inch rims combined with the car’s height means there is a bit of roll on corners.
that is unless you compare the i10 with my previous car, a fiat panda.

the i10 corners much better, it has 165/60 R 14 tyres. not a common size so i little pricey. i am changing to 165/65 R 14 and saving £16 per tyre, also hoping for a little more comfort as my car spends most its time around town.

but are the suspension and anti-roll bars more in control of the body roll than the tyres?

·
Registered
121 Posts
QUOTE (Learn with Mike @ Jul 9 2010, 08:35 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=340114
the i10 corners much better, it has 165/60 R 14 tyres. not a common size so i little pricey. i am changing to 165/65 R 14 and saving £16 per tyre, also hoping for a little more comfort as my car spends most its time around town.
Have the bigger tires made a difference to speedo accuracy? I remember using a tire calc when you first mentioned the different size and it said it would make the speedo 3% slow ie 60mph on speedo is 61.9mph road speed. This would make my speedo MORE accurate lol

·
Registered
272 Posts
QUOTE (Duuncan @ Jul 9 2010, 12:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=340146
Have the bigger tires made a difference to speedo accuracy? I remember using a tire calc when you first mentioned the different size and it said it would make the speedo 3% slow ie 60mph on speedo is 61.9mph road speed. This would make my speedo MORE accurate lol
only have 1 pair in the 'wrong' size. the front tyres are still the 60 profile. but give me another 3 months and these will be worn out and i will have all michelin 65 profile tyres and a more accurate speedo

·
Registered
168 Posts
My insurers are only happy if no modifications have been made that could affect performance, handling or paintwork - paintwork? yes, that what it says on the certificate.

However, when they mistated the colour, I had to remind them twice before the correct certificate arrived.

In my case, I think that I would have to confirm any wheel change with the insurer but maybe that's just Spain.

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE (peet_dk @ Jul 8 2010, 04:11 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339936
Hi

I am about to buy a i10 1,2. But the car-design isn't that great.. But it will be OK with alu rims, I think :) It will be "born" with 13", and I am thinking of getting 14" or 15" instead. But will this makes the car roll on corners, like I can read here: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/EDITORIAL/CARS...r_review_2.html ?

Anyway, which rims and tires is recommended for the i10?

ive upgraded my i10's rims to a 15" its toped mot of he bdy roll but i wouldnt to any further up rim sizes because otherwise it starts to effect the speedo calibration.....hope you find this usefull

1 - 10 of 10 Posts