Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

Since 8/07 I owned a white 2003 Nissan Sentra XE 5 speed. On 12/28 I traded it in along with my yellow 09 Accent HB with 101k miles for a '14 Elantra SE with 87k miles. I took the Accent to dealership for recall work and that's when I noticed some nice used cars there in my price range and they gave me a fair deal so I swapped both cars in that day and drove home a very nice Elantra. I also tried out a black '13 Accent with 98k miles for $7250 but the Elantra for $9500 seemed like a MUCH nicer, newer car so I took it. I love the way it runs and shifts. Someone took great care of it and changed the oil every 3 to 4k miles. It had a few road nicks on it, many of which I have touched up already.
I really think I should have kept either of my 2 older cars but it's too late now. They both were in top condition and should have lasted me many years to come. But I guess you only live once. The Sentra was a honey that I had replaced many parts with. I even considered buying the Sentra back but that would be wrong bc I'd have to pay them to make another profit on the deal as always.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This was my Sentra. It spent most of the last 10 years in my garage. I put 40k miles on it in over 10 years, the longest I've ever had a car. This car was just broken in. I had to treat a leaking head gasket 2x with Therma Gasket and it worked. UOA showed coolant in the oil but I think it would have sealed if I'd kept running it, or maybe not.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It may sound silly but I miss this little car also. I guess I just like to spend money. This was a great running, nice driving small car. But now I have something better, even though I really didn't need it. The Elantra is safer than my 2 older cars I traded in.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts

Reactions: Joseph Rz
1 - 4 of 4 Posts