Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got annoyed enough to make a post and look for help. I've searched around online and can't find anything specifically like what I'm experiencing.

When I set the alarm on my car, I hear the locks physically move... If not for that I would not know the alarm set. I get nothing. No horn, no light flash, no beep... nothing. When I unlock the car, I get the beeping sound letting me know the doors unlocked.

My brother purchased a 2013 GLS base just Saturday and I went to look at the car and noticed that with 2 presses, you actually get the horn noise. I know it's slightly different because I have the tech package installed, but I would think there should be some sort of notification when I arm / lock the doors.

Has anyone else experienced this??

·
Registered
618 Posts
You should be hearing two beeps when you lock your car. Check to make sure the underhood sensor is being depressed when you lock your car. I'll take a picture of it later. That was my problem...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
So I found the switch and that does appear to be the problem. I held the switch down with my hand and set the alarm and I received one beep. Unlocking gives out two beeps. The circular rubber piece on the hood that is supposed to depress it is actually adjustable. I moved it out, what i thought to be pretty far, and shut the hood but it still does not depress the button. Maybe it can be adjusted to come further out. I had to come back in to work so didn't have too much time to mess with it.

I did, however, take a picture in case anyone else the future stumbles across this thread and can't find the sensor. It is circled in the pic.

Thanks for the help!

[/URL]

·
Registered
618 Posts
Sorry I wasn't able to take a picture; I was out all day with the wifey. Glad you've found the problem! If adjustment doesn't yield results, you can get it replaced at a dealership for free. My rubber piece was actually missing entirely, and so they simply installed one in the proper location while I was having some maintenance done.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So it turns out the rubber piece that I was adjusting does not line up with the hole to depress the button. I guess mine is missing altogether like yours. I'll be taking it in to the shop.

On another note, my car makes a weird groaning noise when it starts after sitting over night. I have a video recording where you can hear the noise and I'll post it in another thread so as to keep this one on topic.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I get a beep when locking my door's but no noise when unlocking which I wish I had, it flashes the light's when disarming but no sound. I have the 2013 Elantra GL, does everyone get an audible noise when disarming or unlocking, guess this could possibly be changed at the dealership but I'd expect they'd want a small fortune.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts