Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
13' elantra jerks randomly when interior fan is on. Took to dealer they told me it was ac compressor, put a new one in. Still have the same issue. Has any come across this before. I have no idea what it could be. Looked on YouTube they said it was my idle air control valve. Pretty upset that I replaced my ac compressor just for my car not to be fixed.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
In hindsight that was some crappy troubleshooting & parts throwing they did.
Does it only do it with AC? You can run the fan without engaging AC, like for heat.
Does it do this at any fan speed?
Check battery voltage while the fan is on.
When two or more systems interact my first suspect is a bad ground connection.
And I'm pretty sure your '13 Elantra does not have an idle air control valve, it's throttle by wire.

·
Registered
2007 Hyundai Accent GS
132 Posts
Broken motor mounts might make the engine shake when the compressor engages. What kind of clowns just throw a new compressor without doing some basic troubleshooting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In hindsight that was some crappy troubleshooting & parts throwing they did.
Does it only do it with AC? You can run the fan without engaging AC, like for heat.
Does it do this at any fan speed?
Check battery voltage while the fan is on.
When two or more systems interact my first suspect is a bad ground connection.
And I'm pretty sure your '13 Elantra does not have an idle air control valve, it's throttle by wire.
They did do a crappy job troubshooting. I just tested that out and it's only when my ac is on, not when I'm just blowing regular cold air or heat. At any fan speed it does the jerking, when ac button is pressed. I figured I didn't have an IAC valve cuz no one was working on the same year as mine. I checked my battery and it was good.

·
Registered
2007 Hyundai Accent GS
132 Posts
They did do a crappy job troubshooting. I just tested that out and it's only when my ac is on, not when I'm just blowing regular cold air or heat. At any fan speed it does the jerking, when ac button is pressed. I figured I didn't have an IAC valve cuz no one was working on the same year as mine. I checked my battery and it was good.
Is it a constant jerk, or more like a jolt when the compressor kicks in? Is the AC cold? Or cold for just a few seconds? I’m wondering if you have a stuck closed expansion valve and it’s making your high side spike enough to make the car jerk like that. I would start with the motor mounts. Hard to diagnose without having at least a video.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Years ago on a 1989 Camaro, it use to run really rough when I turned on the interior fan/blower. It turned out to be a bad ground, under the hood. It affected the engine ignition system somehow. The mechanic rewired a switch or something under the hood for the fix.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is it a constant jerk, or more like a jolt when the compressor kicks in? Is the AC cold? Or cold for just a few seconds? I’m wondering if you have a stuck closed expansion valve and it’s making your high side spike enough to make the car jerk like that. I would start with the motor mounts. Hard to diagnose without having at least a video.

It's not a constant jerk but it happens in intervals. My ac is cold constantly. Sometimes when I drive off it loses some power to take off. I would take a video but it wouldn't really show anything. It's more a feel thing. It doesn't make a different noise just a quick stutter then goes back to running fine. Like I said it happens in small intervals.

·
Registered
2007 Hyundai Accent GS
132 Posts
It's not a constant jerk but it happens in intervals. My ac is cold constantly. Sometimes when I drive off it loses some power to take off. I would take a video but it wouldn't really show anything. It's more a feel thing. It doesn't make a different noise just a quick stutter then goes back to running fine. Like I said it happens in small intervals.
Check the motor mounts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.