Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well im still pretty new to the whole car thing so feel free to correct me wherever im wrong. Im planning on buy HSD HR coilovers to drop my car a good 2 inches, and from what I have read I need a camber kit to adjust the natural camber and toe of the wheels?

·
Registered
81 Posts
The rear has no adjustment. The are companies that make shim kits for twist beams. But takes alot of knowledge and trial and error to get right. It should be ok as is.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dont all cars have struts though? So you do think its necessary for me to get thos camber bolts for the front and i guess the rear will be fine?

·
Registered
81 Posts
No. You will not need camber bolts.
I have them for a specific reason. I wanted more camber. I would not recommend it for most.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alrighty cool, so for hte 2013 accent it looks like theres something welded or swieled over where the top had would be with a rubber piece coming out. Does this come off or is there some other way to access the top hat?

·
Registered
749 Posts
shakedown, be sure about what you say before you say it.

if the op is lowering his car 2 inches, it will cause excess negative camber. to what degree I'm not sure, but I'd certainly expect to need cam bolts, or some sort of adjustment component.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Explain to me how a car with struts gain camber when lowered. our cars come stock w/ the lower control arm parallel to the ground. camber only changes at the extreme angle changes to the lower arm. lowering it until the strut will bottom will not change the camber but very small amount.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey guys so have either of you replaced the suspension or put in coilovers? When I look under the hood it looks like there's some sort of cover sealed on over where my top hat should be? How to I get around it to install coilovers?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have not taken this apart on this car yet. But, from what the shop manual shows, the top nut you see in the eng bay bolts the strut to the shock tower. take that off, then that black dust cover off and remove the strut. then there should be another nut holding the strut bearing and spring onto the strut. to take that off, you need to compress the coil just like taking off a upper strut mount on most cars.

here is a link if you choose to create a account
https://www.hyundaitechinfo.com/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts