Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I got back around 1:20 AM this morning. We left San Diego for San Francisco Monday night around 11PM and drove to Muir Woods. I averaged 35.1 MPG doing 5 MPH over the speed limit with Cruise Control.

I did the first 100 miles in Black mode, and my average did not go above 33mpg. I filled up in Oakland so I didn't have to hassle finding a gas station in Frisco. We drove across the Golden Gate Bridge and a parked near Fishermans Wharf for lunch. We then checked in to the Hotel and Parked the HSH until Friday morning in a parking garage and used the Muni system to get around and do the tourist thing. (Alcatraz, Aquariums, Museums, Great food and took in the sites.

We Set out Friday after breakfast for Big Sur, where we got 39.1MPG. It was a fabulous drive in the HSH. I had one of my HD cameras filming the complete drive sitting on the Dash.

Fueled up again just before hitting the 5 freeway heading for San Diego where I average 46.1 MPG the rest of the way.

I strongly recommend this little road trip to any of you.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'll be moving to San Fran area in a week. I'm suspecting my MPG to go down since I live in a place where my daily commute has the perfect PSL's and terrain for the hybrid. I'll be sure to report on the change when I'm there for a few months. Plus the fact that my wife will be driving it even more. I'm not sure how exciting that video on your dash would be to watch over again...I usually try to sleep on road trips :)

G

·
My wife and I got back around 1:20 AM this morning. We left San Diego for San Francisco Monday night around 11PM and drove to Muir Woods. I averaged 35.1 MPG doing 5 MPH over the speed limit with Cruise Control.

I did the first 100 miles in Black mode, and my average did not go above 33mpg. I filled up in Oakland so I didn't have to hassle finding a gas station in Frisco. We drove across the Golden Gate Bridge and a parked near Fishermans Wharf for lunch. We then checked in to the Hotel and Parked the HSH until Friday morning in a parking garage and used the Muni system to get around and do the tourist thing. (Alcatraz, Aquariums, Museums, Great food and took in the sites.

We Set out Friday after breakfast for Big Sur, where we got 39.1MPG. It was a fabulous drive in the HSH. I had one of my HD cameras filming the complete drive sitting on the Dash.

Fueled up again just before hitting the 5 freeway heading for San Diego where I average 46.1 MPG the rest of the way.

I strongly recommend this little road trip to any of you.
Im there! Nice pics!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great pics and nice trip Dun!!!! It is a great car to cruise in!! I enjoyed my trip too!!

Chuck

Chuck,

Your post was great, I was reading it as you were updating it. Thanks for the share. There are so many hidden gems in the US to see. Even here in San Diego. My wife and I did the Old Town Trolley tour last year, that was a blast. We have both lived here for most of our lives and didn't know about half the things.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hey Dun!

Not sure if you got a chance to see the pics that I posted on Flickr but here is a link if you are interested in seeing more. We do live in a gorgeous country. Wish I could do more and in a motorhome next time but we'll just have to wait and see what happens!!

Flickr: carnold535's Photostream

Chuck

·
Registered
660 Posts
If you ever drive near Tucson, Az stop by! It's an incredible museum and is associated with Davis-Monthan AFB. You pay for a couple of tours and they take you on a bus ride through DM and you get to see all of the aircraft that are being parted out or preserved for national defense as necessary.

Another thing to see, if you're in the area, is the Titan Missile Museum. It is just south of Tucson and run by the same group. There is a real Titan missile there that the Russians come out and inspect every year as a part of the START treaty...usually during the Russian winter!

Did you try looking at the last pics in 3D? If not, try crossing your eyes and if you can everything will pop out and look 3D!!! The SR71 is neat but the depth with the Warthog is incredible!

Chuck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts